How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Based at our Head Office in Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 0BX
Salary: Band 3, £19,001 - £21,003, dependent on experience, plus 5% Outer London Fringe Allowance
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Combat Stress was established in 1919. We are the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For a century, we’ve helped former servicemen and women deal with trauma-related mental health conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression.
Today we provide UK-wide support to veterans from every service and every conflict, on the phone and online, in the community and at our treatment centres. We’re on a mission to raise awareness that invisible injuries can be just as hard to cope with as physical ones. So, when a veteran is having a tough time, we’re there to help tackle the past and to take on the future.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen a for Handyperson to work as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. The post holders will be innovative, enthusiastic and flexible and able to work both autonomously and as part of the team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to stand out and make a difference.
• To assist with ensuring that the buildings are maintained to the highest possible standards at all times and that the building infrastructure, décor and soft furnishings are robustly protected and cared for.
• To assist with the maintenance of the gardens and grounds when and if required.
• To conduct regular equipment checks, including but not limited to fire and safety alarms, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers.
• To undertake PAT testing of all portable electrical appliances.
• To be aware of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures, ensuring that all safety precautions are observed and that any hazard is immediately reported.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
What we offer:
You will work within a reputable charity that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our veterans, that has a fantastic cause and a committed follower base.
• 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
• Competitive stakeholder pension scheme - contributions matched up to 10% of salary
• Discount shopping vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
Plus many more.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website to download our application form.