Assurance Business Partner – Safeguarding
£43,500 - £48,000pa
London or remote - we are a hybrid organisation
The Assurance Business Partner (Safeguarding Lead) will promote best in sector safeguarding practices at CR. To do this, this person will be the primary contact for all safeguarding matters and will work closely with all teams- this will include advising on our investments with funded partners, how we work and support our corporate partners and how we maintain safe story telling in our content and appeal films. Another crucial part of the role is ensuring that all policies and procedures are fit for purpose and embedded positively throughout the organisation. You will work alongside two Assurance Business Partners who have their specialisms but offer cross team support and collaboration.
- Develop and deliver compliance and assurance policies, procedures, systems and training to mitigate risks and implement controls.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on compliance and assurance matters.
- Manage the organisational policies portfolio to ensure it’s fit for purpose and up to date.
- Contribute at Board, Committees, ELT and other meetings, and liaise with regulators, government and other third parties as required.
- Effectively manage breach incidents and conduct case management in line with the legal and policy framework to achieve appropriate outcomes.
- Carry out a wide range of assurance activities across the organisation and provide second line monitoring to ensure compliance with the regulatory and policy framework, as well as to improve effectiveness and efficiencies in working practices.
- For compliance and risk specialism, develop and maintain the risk management framework including the policy, registers, risk assessments, insurance cover, and business continuity.
- If within specialism, provide oversight of information governance across the organisation, including compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Positively engage with colleagues at all levels across the organisation to promote and deliver assurance activities, drive understanding and skill, manage risk and implement improvements. Provide good business partnering/stakeholder management.
- Positively engage with third party advisors including internal audit and promote effective use of external providers and the assurance budget.
- Custodian of good decision making where within role scope; for making recommendations to Head of Legal & Assurance and/or stakeholders; and for escalations where appropriate.
- Work with the Legal & Assurance team to drive alignment and consistency of compliance and assurance; process improvement; promotion of knowledge and best practice; and training to the organisation where required.
- Be an ambassador for Legal and Assurance matters across the wider organisation, and for Comic Relief more generally when interacting externally on behalf of Comic Relief.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Significant experience of managing assurance activities across a business though sampling, thematic reviews, and data gathering/ analysis to ensure that regulations, policies and procedures are being complied with.
- Strong experience of designing and implementing effective risk and compliance strategies, policies, processes and training.
- Proven successful case management skills and experience and confident decision maker.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in one or more of the primary specialist areas.
- Thorough working knowledge of the regulatory framework governing charities.
- Proven experience of effective relationship building and using exceptional communication skills to achieve outcomes.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Technical and practical knowledge and experience on children and vulnerable adult’s safeguarding.
- Experience in developing and implementing organisational policies and procedures on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and supporting organisations based outside of the United Kingdom on developing these processes and putting them in to practice.
- General child or vulnerable adult protection programming expertise or has had exposure to child protection initiatives.
- Skilled in designing, facilitating and evaluating training in different cultural and organisational contexts.
- Good at building relationships and proactively identifying opportunities for networking with other agencies such as international NGOs, Government ministries and local authorities.
- Experience in safeguarding on various media platforms including broadcasting, social media etc.
- A proven ability to devise and implement safeguarding solutions across a range of organisational functions e.g. Human Resources, fundraising, media and communications.
- Experience with embedding safeguarding measures in grant making initiatives and providing technical advice and support to grantees.
- A relevant professional qualification.
Perks and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid emergency leave
- Sabbatical Opportunities
- Professional development
- Paid volunteer days
- Payroll giving
- Team social events
- Extracurricular clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Closing: 12:00pm, 2ndDecember 2021 BST
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.