Community Fundraising Assistant
Fixed Term Contract
£20,000 - 23,000
As part of the Community Fundraising Team, the Fundraising Assistant will provide essential support to ensure the team is well supported and the Red Nose Day campaign is delivered successfully.
- Support the Fundraising Managers and Associates with multiple fundraising stewardship campaigns across the team.
- Deliver proactive outbound communications with fundraisers in the public, as well as schools, on the phone, over e-mail, by post.
- Work with our supporters in a friendly professional manner helping to maximise their engagement in Red Nose Day.
- Carefully track all interactions and communications with supporters using our fundraising database.
- Utilise triage tools to help identify new key accounts that will most benefit from additional stewardship and support.
- Support the Community Fundraising Team to identify interesting and engaging fundraisers and stories for potential media and promotional use and gather and store the appropriate permissions.
- Undertake any appropriate work related to stewardship and administration including creating reports, tracking income and briefing on activity.
- Support the Community Fundraising Associate in delivering the Community Thanking and Retention strategy for supporters.
- Assist the wider team with administrative support as required.
- Coordinate any School and Community Fundraising Team meetings, events and internal communications.
- Assist the Supporter Services team in busy campaign periods responding to enquiries from Red Nose Day fundraisers
- Lead on social media community management for Red Nose Day fundraisers
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Experience of delivering fundraising strategies and propositions for fundraisers
- Experience of developing fundraising ideas that engage fundraisers and drive support
- Strong attention to detail – to produce work, which is consistently accurate, and which fits the purpose for which it was intended.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- A proactive, positive and fun individual with a “can do” attitude
To apply please visit our website via the link.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 29th Sep 2020 BST (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.