Head of Corporate Communications
£60,000 - 70,000pa
The Head of Corporate Communications will provide strategic communications leadership and advice to the Chief Executive with responsibility for developing and managing a Corporate Communications strategy. They will be responsible for reputation and risk management, advising the CEO, Executive team and Trustees directly.
· Oversee and advise the CEO and Executive Directors on all reputational risk, and lead on reputational risk management, planning and response, alongside partners if necessary.
· Work with the Board of Trustees to advise where there is reputational risk.
· Act as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders within the organisation identifying reputational factors which will influence the planning of their work.
· Revise, communicate and manage a communications risk escalation plan within the organisation.
· Work with the Social team to strategically manage monitoring and response on relevant platforms to mitigate/deal with risk/reputation issues.
· Devise and implement an effective engagement plan for the CEO, to include media interviews, Public Affairs, events and others, advising on messaging and writing speeches where required.
· Collaborate with colleagues across the Impact and Investment directorate, including the Advocacy and Influence team to advise on Public Affairs and communications strategy for policy and campaigning.
· Develop the future facing Comic Relief narrative alongside the Marketing team, to bring strategic direction to the story of the organisation
· Work closely with the Media Team on areas of risk and reputation, building strategic corporate media opportunities into Red Nose Day, Sport Relief and any other fundraising projects.
· Lead relationships with influential journalists in broadcast, digital and traditional media, leveraging these in support of Comic Relief work.
· Support the direction, design and communication of the annual report.
Essential Skills and Competencies
· Strong relevant journalist relationships across national and sector media, and proven experience of handling high profile reputational issues.
· Experience and knowledge of the Charity sector, understanding the current pressures on charities and fundraising.
· Have a strong belief in what Comic Relief stands for, our values and the work we fund.
· Experience of working in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders.
· Extensive experience of leading the creation and implementation of Corporate Communications strategies.
· Experience of operating, advising and influencing at a senior level in a highly effective way.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Experience and knowledge of the Broadcast industry.
To apply please our website via the link.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 1st Aug 2019 BST (Europe/London)