Head of Product
£50,000 - 62,000pa
London, and currently remote
The Head of Product is responsible for technology product management processes and practice, and works closely with Comic Relief’s (CR’s) leaders to discover and develop all user facing digital / technology products and the related systems within CR.
Head of Product leads a team of product and delivery managers who service the user needs of three core audiences; external consumers, funded partners and internal teams.
The Head of Product will be the CTO’s deputy and will also have a big part to play in enabling the Digital Transformation of Comic Relief.
- Leadership of the Product team - create a strong team with the confidence to embrace change and foster a culture of partnership, consistent delivery and operational excellence.
- Delivery - hands on product and programme management of cross-technology products such as data infrastructure and payment services.
- Stakeholder management – build strong relationships with all stakeholders and work with them to define and manage the Technology roadmap and initiatives to support overall organisational aims.
- Be the subject matter expert - in product management expand the team’s understanding of best practice, techniques and methodologies, as well as continuous improvement, learning through experimentation and user-centred product design
- Digital Transformation – play a key role in re-imagining Comic Relief’s business processes, culture and user experiences to meet the challenges of the evolving digital landscape and the continued evolution of the charity sector.
- To lead, manage and support line report(s) through regular one-to-one meetings and clear performance objectives and objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Be an ambassador for collaborative cross-functional working both within Technology and across the wider organisation.
- Contribute to the wider charity community through sharing technology and collaboration on shared issues.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience of leading a digital product management team in a challenging business environment, ideally in the not for profit sector
- Good knowledge of the contemporary digital landscape and, ideally, not-for-profit sector digital landscape and strategies
- Strong technical understanding, ability to communicate effectively with engineers.
- Ability to identify opportunity spaces and develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts to validate and progress new products.
- Able to apply systems thinking across organisational needs to simplify CR operations.
- Outstanding solid product management and delivery skills – the ability to engage, motivate and deliver organisational change to create a user-centric and evidence driven product management function.
- Curious and creative thinker – to create a learning organisation committed to continuous improvement and always striving to do things better.
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 28th Oct 2020 GMT (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.