Head of Software Engineering
Up to £70,000pa
London and Remote - we are a hybrid working team
The Head of Engineering innovates and progresses Comic Relief’s (CR’s) digital giving capabilities and data platforms to deliver best in class User Experiences for our staff and supporters.
The role is responsible for establishing and continuously refining processes, standards and practice for the development, delivery, and operation of all digital products in a secure, scalable, agile, and operationally efficient manner.
They are responsible for the architecture and operation of the infrastructure, and for nurturing a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver and support these critical systems.
Equally importantly, the role works with the CTO, Head of Product, Head of Data and Analytics and IT Service Delivery Manager to lead a Technology team which keeps Comic Relief at the forefront of technology innovation, and which helps us deliver our challenging objectives.
- Vertical ownership of the whole software stack including support, monitoring and full operational responsibility, (including participating in 15X7 support rota during key periods).
- Leadership and continuous development of a high-performing Engineering team which partners with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver to the highest standards.
- Advise on and implement technology choices that will contribute to CR’s strategy and continue our tradition of technology innovation.
- Define and embed coding, architecture and infrastructure provision standards and processes.
- Mentor other engineers; organise development forums; create a culture of operational excellence, quality first development and continuous refactoring and improvement.
- Actively engage in open source and technology communities and raise the profile of CR as a top tier software development organisation.
- Work on other products and tools like the testing stack, continuous integration, and delivery pipelines, and help craft unique user centred digital experiences in an agile setting.
- Act as a source of knowledge regarding the choice of approach for new projects and application development.
- Create opportunity for engineering team members to have closer ties to CR’s Social Tech portfolio e.g. mentoring, tech clinics, code reviews.
- Progress Machine Learning projects that unlock access to unrealised assets, streamline inefficient processes and/or accelerate strategic goals.
- Be an ambassador for collaborative cross-functional working both within the Technology team and across the wider organisation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent software engineering leader with solid, demonstrable experience in leading and mentoring software engineering teams to deliver innovative, high-performing solutions to time and budget
- Strong software development skills with experience in most / all of the following:
Continuous integration (GitHub actions, concourse ci),
12-factor application development,
Serverless development in an AWS environment.
- Solid software testing and delivery skills – able to help create secure, scalable, and adaptable digital platforms and services.
- Excellent problem solver – good attention to detail, experience in performing root cause analyses and able to identify tactical methods for improvement.
- Strong people leader and coach, excellent motivational skills, can build high performing teams and drives towards a dynamic and innovative hybrid working culture that builds capability in line with organisational technology strategy.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrable experience and passion for innovating the discovery, design, and implementation of transformative end-to-end technology-enabled services.
Perks and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid emergency leave
- Sabbatical Opportunities
- Professional development
- Paid volunteer days
- Payroll giving
- Team social events
- Extracurricular clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Closing: 12:00pm, 2nd Nov 2021 GMT
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.