The Income Accountant ensures that Comic Relief’s income is accurately recorded and tracked and that the investment portfolio is accounted for correctly.
· Ensure all income due to Comic Relief is accurately recorded in the finance system including donations, royalties, licensing fees, contributions to operating costs, grant income, Gift Aid and interest on investments.
· Ensure all income balance sheet accounts including bank accounts and current asset investment accounts are reconciled.
· Track all income receivable to ensure requests for settlement are made on a timely basis and chase unpaid income with appropriate teams.
· Maintain day to day oversight of Comic Relief’s investment portfolio, ensuring accounting entries have been correctly recorded and the portfolio remains in line with the Investment Policy.
· Support the Gift Aid claim process.
· Oversee the social investment loans ensuring interest and capital charges are invoiced in accordance with the contract terms.
· Liaise with Campaign teams and wider business to manage payment methods for receipt of income and advise on VAT treatment for income where necessary.
· Support year-end audit process.
· Line manage and support the Income Finance Assistant and Officer.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
· Part qualified accountant.
· Experience of using finance systems (Great Plains is desirable).
· Knowledge of Charities SORP.
· Experience of line management or supervising junior staff.
· Analytical thinker with the ability to see the bigger picture and make appropriate and effective decisions.
· Confident communicator that understands and relishes cross-functional / collaborative working.
· Strong manager with excellent planning, flexibility and resilience to navigate the unexpected.
· A fun, positive and engaged professional that demonstrates high proactivity.
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 18th Dec 2019 GMT (Europe/London)