Schools Fundraising Manager
£37,231 - £39,668pa
Fixed term maternity cover contract - 12 months
Location: Our offices are in London, and we are a hybrid working organisation
This is an exciting opportunity to further realise the potential of a well-loved brand to generate awareness and raise money for great causes in the UK and Overseas. The Schools Fundraising Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the schools and nurseries fundraising strategy for Red Nose Day and other year-round activity, with a view to maximising income from these campaigns.
- Lead on school and nursery fundraising, working with the data and audience resource to identify key fundraiser insights, using these to influence strategy and plans.
- Work with Schools and Community FR lead to develop strategies that meet annual fundraising targets and KPIs, and develop business cases to secure budget and resource.
- Collaborate with marketing team to identify marketing plans to maximise school and nursery acquisition and retention.
- Lead on the development of impactful multi-channel stewardship plans, that deliver audience conversion and maximise income generated.
- Oversee the delivery of all materials, products, ideas and propositions that will inspire and maximise fundraising
- Recruit and manage partnerships with school/nursery chains and educational partners, writing pitches to secure partnerships and managing partners to maximise income generated.
- Brief and manage creative resource and educational consultants to develop engaging content and resources that support fundraising activity and improve understanding of Comic Relief’s goals and campaigns.
- Monitor and report on expenditure, income and KPIs, working closely with data teams to identify trends and insight, and to proactively suggest new forms of engagement.
- Provide expert fundraising/education input across the organisation to actively shape schools fundraising propositions and ensure opportunities are maximised.
- Recruit and line manage campaign support staff as required
Essential skills and competencies:
- Experience of developing and project managing a fundraising or engagement programme(s) for UK schools and nurseries
- Knowledge of the current UK schools learning landscape and curriculum
- Strong attention to detail – to produce work, which is consistently accurate, and which fits the purpose for which it was intended
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- A proactive, positive individual with a “can do” attitude
Desirable skills and competencies:
- Experience of working with young people in a school or youth provision setting
- Experience of developing collaborative relationships with external partners
Perks and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid emergency leave
- Sabbatical Opportunities
- Professional development
- Paid volunteer days
- Payroll giving
- Team social events
- Extracurricular clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply please visit our website and apply online.
Closing: 11:00pm, 30th May 2022 BST
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.