Common Vision is an independent think tank specialising in public dialogue around social and political issues. Our mission is to unite people around long-term intergenerational goals and catalyse collaborative action and collective agency. We bring together communities of interest, experience and expertise through events, research, and interactive consultations. Over the last 6 years, Common Vision has built a strong reputation and enjoyed a growing profile on issues to our three strategic programmes:
- Perspectives and behaviours of younger generations and what this means for intergenerational policy making and civic leadership
- The role of responsible business in the transition to environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Local communities and civic ecosystems, place-making and community empowerment
The Communications and Engagement Officer will support engagement and relationship management across these three programmes.
- Content creation: Producing engaging and accessible written content, newsletters and social media outputs to enhance the public profile and positioning of Common Vision’s work
- Community engagement: Engage with, listen to, and communicate with participants in our projects and networks, ensuring that their perspectives inform our research and programme.
- Project support: Support participatory and deliberative aspects of our research and events, including workshops, advisory and co-design sessions, and design-led research.
- Stakeholder engagement: Building and maintaining strategic relationships with people within and beyond our networks including professionals, campaigners, public commentators, Parliamentarians and academics
The role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ensuring qualitative, participatory and deliberative engagement methods enable a diverse range of perspectives influence and inform policy and leadership decisions. It is an exciting opportunity to hone a diversity of engagement, research, and communications skills in a dynamic and growing organisation.
We are looking for a proactive, versatile individual who is comfortable working at a fast pace in a small but busy organisation. You will need to demonstrate both communications and community engagement skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate professionally and cultivate relationships with a range of different stakeholders
- Experience of copywriting, producing online content, website administration and coordinating social media in a professional capacity
- Experience of writing about complex topics for a public audience
- Familiarity with tools and software for online communications (e.g. WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite)
- Video editing and graphic design skills are desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of, or experience in, using different engagement methods to understand perspectives from different people and communities.
- Experience of a range of community engagement/public engagement approaches and/or inclusive research techniques.
- Experience working in fields pertaining to Common Vision’s work such as youth engagement, intergenerational research, environmental sustainability, corporate responsibility or social policy is desirable.
- A keen and demonstrable interest in public and community engagement in social research and policy.
- Experience of project coordination in a professional context
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
- Impeccable administrative and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.