Location May be office based in Maidenhead or can adopt a flexible hybrid option of part home/part office working
Contract Type: 2 years Fixed Term
Salary: From £37,280 per annum, depending upon experience
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Requirements: Full UK Driving Licence. Right to work in the UK
About the Commonwealth War Graves Foundation (CWGF):
The CWGF is the charitable arm of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC). The CWGC honours and cares for the 1.7 million men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars, ensuring their sacrifice will never be forgotten. Funded by six Commonwealth Member Governments, we build and maintain memorials and cemeteries at 23,000 locations, in 150 countries, including some of the world’s most iconic, landmark monuments. More about what we do can be found here.
Today, over a century after we first began, our work continues through our staff, supporters and volunteers who preserve our unique cultural, horticultural and architectural heritage and ensure that the stories of those who died are told. The CWGF highlights the work of the CWGC by engaging people, especially the young, raising funds to deliver a diverse range of projects, events and public engagement programmes which tell the inspiring stories of the men and women who died across the globe while fighting in the two World Wars and by showcasing the history and work of the CWGC today.
About this Role and You:
With the arrival of the CWGC’s new Director General, Claire Horton, CBE, this is a really exciting time for the CWGF, and we are setting an ambitious agenda for growth and development. This brand-new role will be absolutely key to our success.
Entering its fourth year, you will join a rapidly growing, friendly and energetic team with a supportive and collaborative ethos. This is a pivotal role within the CWGF and you will be our first dedicated fundraiser. You will bring your brilliance, passion, ideas, drive and ambition and be working directly with the Foundation’s Executive Director and CWGC’s Director General. The Foundation is on a transformational journey and income generation and fundraising is a vital part of how our strategy is delivered and realised, You will be instrumental in raising the Foundation’s profile and brand, developing our fundraising programme, growing our income, and making an impact by kickstarting this next important and exciting chapter of the CWGF’s history.
Dynamic and inventive, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience across a variety of fundraising disciplines with a clear understanding of how important the generation of both restricted and unrestricted income is to the overall development of our growing Charity. You will be building relationships across the CWGC with operational, marketing and communication teams to develop shared initiatives and deliver shared targets and objectives. You will work closely with our busy education team and public engagement coordinators to build fundraising initiatives and projects in regional communities, initially, within the UK and later globally, including our inaugural annual War Graves Week and our newly established Visitor Centres in Northern France and Ieper in Belgium.
There is real opportunity to shine at the CWGF, to help us grow our teams and our work and to make a huge impact by delivering a pipeline of opportunities, supporters and donors, all of whom will enable us to help communities around the world and engage with their own histories. You will be part of a team of truly dedicated and exceptional people seeking to inspire, inform, educate and involve people, particularly the young with millions of stories of the ultimate sacrifice and remembrance, that must never be forgotten.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to the highest standards of fundraising as set out by the Institute of Fundraising
- Recent and relevant, successful track record in a variety of charitable fundraising disciplines including, Trusts, Corporate, Events and Major Donor Fundraising
- A proven track record of securing significant new business, major gifts and new donors
- Experience of working with other charities and partner organisations on events and shared fundraising initiatives
- An understanding of effective Community Fundraising and sponsorship events
- Experience working with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds
- Experience of working with databases and managing supporter data effectively and in accordance with GDPR requirements
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organisation, research and planning skills
- Highly effective interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to build strong and productive relationships
- A team-player – making decisions for the good of the organisation rather than for individual targets and being a passionate champion for partnership working and collaboration
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work to deadlines and plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Excellent presentation and report compilation skills
- Ability to hit the ground running and absorb complex information quickly
- Strong IT skills
In addition, we are looking for applicants who share our Values of Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Communication, Professionalism and Commitment.
What We Offer:
- A generous holiday allocation, 25 days, rising by 1 day per year, up to a maximum of 30
- Paid public holidays
- Paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous Pension Scheme, with the CWGF contributing up to 15%
- Up to six times salary Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We offer piece of mind for our employees travelling on business via International SOS
How to Apply
Please visit our website for further details of how to apply.
We are unable to consider applications if all the required documents are not submitted.
Closing Date: Midday, Friday 28 May 2021
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to creating a respectful work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and where any unlawful and/or unfair discrimination is eliminated. We will not unlawfully discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment on grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation or marital status, religion or belief.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.