Location: May be office based in Maidenhead or can adopt a flexible hybrid option of part home/part office working
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum, depending upon experience
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
About the CWGC
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission honours and cares for the people of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars, ensuring they will never be forgotten. Today, over a century after we first began, our work continues through our staff, supporters and volunteers who preserve our unique cultural, horticultural and architectural heritage and ensure that the stories of those who died are told.
About this Role and You
Our PMO journey over the last 3.5 years has been 'staggering' and we are now seeking an exceptional PMO Manager to lead us into the next chapter. The PMO is a key function in our Organisation; maintaining and enhancing the project framework to deliver diverse programmes and projects, from Memorial restoration in the Bahamas, through digital transformation of our Archives, to the introduction of a sustainability programme across our global estate. A project within the PMO could take place in any one of our 23,000 locations across the globe.
This role will be critical to the training and development of global project managers, providing information to the Major Projects Project Board, driving forward data analytics and, above all, delivering on a vision to be the best in class for PMO and Project Management.
You Will Demonstrate
- Communicating across all levels and global business functions, with ability to train and develop others
- A strong background of managing and developing PMO functions
- Good understanding of Resource and Budget Management
- Working in an international organisation with diverse cultures and languages
- Prince2, APM or similar, together with a background in IT programme management would be advantageous, as would an understanding of Power BI and SharePoint Site Owner capability
In addition, we are looking for applicants who share our Values of Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Communication, Professionalism and Commitment.
What We Offer:
- A generous holiday allocation, with 25 days annual leave, rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 30
- Paid public holidays
- Paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous Pension Scheme, with CWGC contributing up to 15%
- Up to six times salary Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We offer piece of mind for our employees travelling on business via International SOS
How to Apply
Simply apply by sending us your CV, cover letter and completed application form. A full job description and applicatin form can be found on our website Careers page.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to creating a respectful work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and where any unlawful and/or unfair discrimination is eliminated. We will not unlawfully discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment on grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation or marital status, religion or belief.