The Childhood Eye Cancer Trust is a charity dedicated to helping families affected by retinoblastoma, a rare form of eye cancer that affects babies and young children. We provide support, raise awareness and fund research into prevention and treatment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated communications specialist to join our small, friendly team in central London. The main purpose of this role is to develop and implement our communications strategy to raise awareness of retinoblastoma and the work we do. The role will support the strategic objectives of all our projects with timely, engaging and consistent communications across print, digital and social media.
- are an experienced communications professional, who uses traditional, digital and social media to target audiences and increase engagement with them.
- have an excellent track record of writing and editing engaging copy for different audiences and excellent verbal communication skills.
- are confident in working with journalists, handling challenging enquiries, pitching stories and developing good relationships with key contacts.
- naturally bring the charity’s message and brand into everything you do.
- have an amazing eye for detail.
- are highly creative, resourceful, a brilliant problem-solver and committed to working collaboratively with others to develop and implement solutions.
Applications will be accepted in the form of a covering personal letter and CV.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 29 January 2017.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.