Communications Manager (maternity cover), London Borough , Up to £37500
Your new company
A London Borough Council in West London requires a Communications Manager to cover a maternity position till November 2017.
Your new role
* To support the delivery of first-class communications activity for the council.
* To manage communications campaigns and activities that support the authority in delivering its priorities, and also to protect its reputation.
* To act as an advisor and supporter on communications to the council’s officers and elected Members.
* To work with the Head of Communications in devising and delivering a wide variety of creative campaigns and activities (internally and externally) in support of the council’s services and priorities
* To work collaboratively with colleagues and make a proactive contribution to delivering council objectives and priorities.
What you'll need to succeed
* Considerable experience and a track record of delivering communications / public relations in a large customer-led organisation.
* A track record of working collaboratively in corporate management within a large, multi-disciplined organisation.
* A comprehensive knowledge of communications theories and practices.
* A highly developed understanding of audience needs
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of up to £37500 , generous holiday allowance , pension contributions and other public sector benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.