CDP is looking for a full-time Communications Manager to be based in our London headquarters, reporting to the Communications Director.
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic business-facing organization. The successful candidate will play an integral role within our global communications team, which is responsible for CDP’s external communications. We are looking for a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider global team.
CDP is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the global system for companies, cities, states and regions to disclose and manage vital information on their environmental performance. CDP, voted number one climate research provider by investors, works with 827 institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them.
We have been built on the belief that transparency and accountability drives positive change in the world of business and investment. Our strategic goal is to drive action by companies and sub-national governments globally to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and prevent the destruction of forests.
We have key hubs in London, New York and Berlin.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement a proactive multi-channel communications strategy across target regions globally;
- Maximize media coverage of CDP through compelling news stories and thought leadership;
- Develop and edit content for media articles, blogs, social media and marketing collateral;
- Manage CDP’s social media presence to engage target audiences and raise CDP’s profile;
- Build relationships and manage global coordination with CDP offices and partners;
- Manage media monitoring, analysis and reporting to stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Champion CDP’s brand and strategic market positioning to key stakeholders;
- Liaise with program teams to provide marketing communications advice where relevant; and
- Ensure CDP’s external communications meets the needs of our target audiences.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in communications, PR or journalism;
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to turn complex information into compelling stories and content;
- Extensive experience in promoting content on a wide range of digital and traditional platforms;
- Strong copy-writing and editing skills;
- Solid and demonstrable experience and interest in social media;
- Demonstrable knowledge of international media, including business, trade and environment media;
- Lots of creative ideas for impactful communications in a complex and competitive global media landscape;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop nurture relationships both internally and externally;
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Good MS Office software skills; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages is welcome but not essential.
This is a full time role based at CDP’s headquarter offices in central London.
Salary and benefits: Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus, 24 days’ holiday (increasing to 30), generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no longer than a page. The deadline is 09:00 GMT, Monday February 6th.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.