To assist on the development and delivery of external communications and digital strategies including social media, public relations, creative integrated campaigns, education outreach, marketing materials and real-life case studies. Help to raise the profile of MedicAlert amongst key segments: such as MedicAlert customers, potential customers, health care professionals, emergency personnel.
Job Title: Communications Officer
Reporting to: Head of Communications and Digital
Hours: 35 Hours per week, working 5 days
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 pa
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensure the integration of communications throughout UK and Ireland including digital media and influencing activity.
- Manage some aspects of the website, including visual and functional elements, day-to-day updates on the CMS and devise and implement longer-term development plans
- Work with the team to plan, design, deliver and evaluate external communications campaigns as required
- Be a ‘brand champion’ ensuring key messaging, materials and visuals are in-line with MedicAlert’s core brand values and identity
- Work with the team to plan and support the development of the MedicAlert national awareness campaigns – both consumer and education
- Research and produce engaging and relevant news content, stories and case studies using journalistic and web writing expertise to maximise the impact of communications
- Manage and maintain core social media channels, working with the external social media agency to ensure news and events are communicated effectively and regularly, and engage with stakeholders online
- Represent MedicAlert at relevant public events, including manning stands and conducting presentations
- Supervise the creation of communications materials for education, B2B and B2C
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of developing PR, marketing or social media campaigns using a range of approaches
- PC proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Excellent communications skills, including writing/editing/proofreading materials for different audiences and different channels
- Experience of working with the media pitching ideas and writing feature content
- Experience of website and/or database management is desirable
About the charity:
MedicAlert medical ID jewellery and membership services deliver life-saving benefits to an ever-growing customer base; with over 50 years’ experience protecting people in an emergency.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter stating why you feel you would be suitable for this position, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.