Hours: 28 hours (full-time considered - 37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 (for full-time position)
Epilepsy is in the top ten of all causes of death in people under 70 with at least 3 deaths a day in the UK, mostly sudden deaths in young and otherwise healthy people. SUDEP Action has a powerful track record of work on prevention of deaths through research, influencing and support & involvement of the bereaved. We are positioned at the cutting edge of innovation in helping families and supporting the NHS. We are looking for someone to join us as our communications officer. If you are a communications professional; a good team player and you are motivated by our cause we would love to hear from you.
What we Offer
We offer a generous holiday allowance of 5 weeks annual holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata) with extra days after two years’ service; pension scheme and child vouchers.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
About the Team
You would be joining at an exciting time following a stream of national and international awards and as the charity increases the staff team from 9 to 11.
This role will maintain and build on the Charity’s current Communication Strategy; there will be a handover/induction period to support the successful candidate with this. You will be line managed by our Policy and Development Manager and will be supported and reporting to them and to a monthly communications meeting involving other members of the Management Team.
Role and Job Description
We are looking for someone to join us as our Communications Officer. If you are an experienced communicator; a good team player and you are motivated by our cause, we would love to hear from you. There will be opportunities for professional development.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role are:
- To manage the day to day maintenance of the charity social media platforms and websites.
- Coordinating charity communication resources including Newsletters; Enews; Press releases.
- Supporting the Management Team in the development of the charity communication strategy
- To draft, amend, and proof articles for charity communications.
- To make improvements to the navigability and accessibility of the website and support work on any review or redesign of the sites.
- To coordinate charity press and media work and seek out opportunities to promote the charity.
- To support the team in ensuring the charity brand is presented consistently across the organisation’s work.
- To develop, plan, implement and manage online communication campaigns.
Successful candidates will be invited for interview via email.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.