Partnership Lead – BLMK Communities Together programme
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Partnership Lead. This critical role will lead the development of the Communities Together Programme for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes (BLMK). Your role will maximise the impact of the (VCSE) and ensure the sector is an equal partner which positively contributes towards the delivery of the strategic priorities of BLMK.
So if you have experience in this field, are passionate about developing a culture that promotes equality, equity and values diversity, if you work in a collaborative way and have experience of managing organisational change, we’d love to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: Partnership Lead – BLMK Communities Together programme EMPLOYING BODY: Community Action:MK
LOCATION: This post holder will work across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes according to the work programme.
SALARY: NJC Principal Officer Scale 6 (£43,857 - £46,845) p.a. (dependent upon experience)
CONTRACT TYPE: 12 month secondment or Fixed Term Contract Possibility to extend due to funding
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week with occasional need to be flexible to work evenings
The Communities Together Programme
The Communities Together Programme is a new initiative to position the VCSE as a strategic partner within the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Integrated Care System. This means ensuring that the VCSE sector has a strong influential voice and visibility, is able to contribute to the health and wellbeing of the BLMK population through commissioned services and that confidence in the VCSE sector continues to be built across the health and social care system. The Communities Together Programme will be co-produced with the VCSE and the other ICS System Partners to create clear pathways and policies for enabling the VCSE to be an integral part of the design, delivery across BLMK.
What you’ll be doing
The role will provide the day to day leadership of the Communities Together programme, working closely with the Programme Senior Responsible Officer and the VCSE Leadership Group which includes third sector Local Infrastructure Organisation and where present, VCSE Health and Wellbeing Board Representatives from each of the 4 areas (Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes). You will be coordinating the delivery of a number of programmes and projects; building positive relationships in each of the four places across the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes footprint; identifying and sharing good practice, and developing opportunities for collaboration. You will lead the development and implementation of the BLMK VCSE Strategy across the partnership, working in collaboration with other ICS programmes and workstreams to ensure that the VCSE sector adds value and is funded to deliver work programmes, services and activities.
The post is hosted by Community Action:MK, one of the three local infrastructure organisations across the BLMK region. This post holder will work across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes according to the work programme. Please also read the full role description attached to this advert.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
● Experience of a strategic leadership role focused on facilitating system change through partnership working
● To thrive in a large and complex environment which requires collaborative working, creative thinking and relationship building skills.
● Resilience and emotional intelligence along with excellent persuasion and negotiation skills which will enable the Communities Together programme to be a success.
● Excellent people and influencing skills enabling strong robust partnership working relationships to be built with key stakeholders at all levels.
● Proven experience of applying project and programme management techniques at a senior level in a large complex environment
● Ability to work across and understand the geographically, economically and culturally diverse communities across the partnership.
● An understanding and knowledge of the workings of the NHS, the challenges it faces and of the reform agenda. Good understanding of the NHS and involvement in the production of local (organisation) or sector-wide strategies.
● An understanding of, and experience working with, the voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise sector, ideally in the context of improving health and wellbeing outcomes. A track record of credibility with third sector organisations and awareness of the local, regional and national drivers of the health and care agenda from a third sector view point. Ability to advocate on behalf of the Third sector in order to ensure that the breadth of voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise organisation is effectively represented.
Community Action: MK undertakes anonymous recruitment. That means hiding your personal identifying information to remove bias from the hiring process.
Equality & Diversity Community Action:
MK aims to promote equality and diversity as an employer and to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable in the context of the policy. Selection, recruitment, training, promotion and employment practices will be subject to regular review to ensure that they comply with the Diversity and Equalities Policy.
Closing Date 12th July 2021 (Midday)
Interviews to be held on the Friday 16th July 2021
Please note we do not accept CV’s
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.