There’s never been a better time to join us, and play a key part in our growing success story, leading on our events strategy.
CharityConnect is the UK’s only online community for charity professionals, and is passionate about bringing a culture of collaboration to the sector. Launched by the team at CharityJob, the community is now eight months old, and growing fast. To support this growth, we are now looking for an experienced relationship builder to lead our new events and advertising strategy.
There’s never been a better time to join us, and play a key part in our growing success story. We offer training opportunities, flexible hours, 25 days holiday, a great pension, a fantastic team; plus, a fast paced environment.
Become our Community and Partnerships Manager:
Key areas of responsibility:
- Leading on our events strategy to bring the community together offline including establishing a programme of regular ‘meet-ups’; sourcing venues and speakers, arranging catering and hosting and growing participation
- Negotiating and developing our individual and organisational partners, creating mutually beneficial collaboration including developing financial partnerships
- Finding and developing new sources of revenue to invest in the growth of the platform, including sponsorship, affiliate marketing and partnerships
- Becoming an integrated member of the community encouraging engagement, online and offline discussion, generating feedback and spotting new opportunities
- Maintaining and evolving relationships with our cohort of top influencers in the charity sector and sourcing new influencers
- Providing partners with compelling content, and sourcing new publishers
- Managing CharityConnect’s presence at industry events
- Creating compelling digital communications across our digital channels
- Implementing digital advertising strategies in line with key objectives
- Leading regular meetings and compiling reports for internal and external stakeholders
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Be willing to go the extra mile, not be easily defeated, and able to turn a no into a yes
- Be able to think quickly on your feet
- Be strategic and tenacious and a self starter, able to identify new opportunities and make them happen
- Have a proven track record of implementing an event strategy from scratch, or of growing a community
- Be familiar with growth hacking techniques and marketing best practice
- Be very hands on; thrive in a fast paced environment and have a start-up mentality (everything is your responsibility)
- Be passionate about helping the charity sector
- Have a proven track record of building rapport and working effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Have excellent communication skills and a confident manner
- Show demonstrable ability to build and nurture networks with influencers and supporters
- Demonstrate experience delivering on strategies, KPIs and other performance measures
- Knowledge and experience of using marketing communications tools
- At least 3 years of experience in a marketing, sales, business development, fundraising, events role or a similar role
- Charity sector experience is beneficial
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.