About Us: Community ConneX previously known as Harrow Mencap is a campaigning organisation and a multi-project service provider working across West London, supporting disabled people - and their families and carers - to ensure their needs, rights and aspirations are met.
Role Purpose: The primary focus being to gather intelligence to identify key trends and issues affecting our clients which will inform our campaigning activities.
We are looking for a talented all-rounder who can lead and inspire on engagement activities with clients supported by Community ConneX and other externally funded engagement projects.
Reporting to the Business Manager Corporate Services, the jobholder will be responsible for the following key duties:
- To develop and implement engagement models to ensure the voice of citizens is heard and the intelligence informs future campaigning activities
- Development of engagement strategy and tools for engagement including use of social media and accessible tools for our clients
- Developing networking / engagement opportunities in the community to understand and capture the issues that are affecting our clients and their families and carers
- Plan and facilitate quarterly meetings with Community ConneX staff to understand and capture the issues that are affecting our clients and their families and carers and other citizens
- Undertake and collect research using qualitative and quantitative methods, internally and externally to inform campaigning
- Facilitation of events aimed at raising awareness of local issues and highlighting ways people can get involved
- All other engagement and campaign activities as may be outline in the job description or assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Our ideal candidate will
- Knowledge and understanding issues affecting people with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of public policies around disabilities, health and social care.
- Have excellent communications skills, working with and supporting stakeholders. Ability to engage with the public and people from diverse background, making presentations and facilitating group activities.
- Ability to write reports on project implementation for the management, funders and any identified stakeholder.
- Experience of using social and digital media for communication and campaigns.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
In return we offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- Pension up to 5%
- Death in service insurance
We are committed to safeguarding, equal opportunity, and we guarantee an interview to all applicants with disabilities meeting the minimum criteria for the post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.