About Us: Community ConneX previously known as Harrow Mencap is a campaigning organisation and a multi-project service provider working across West London, supporting disabled people - and their families and carers - to ensure their needs, rights and aspirations are met.
Role Purpose: To work to identify and challenge issues within the Health & Social Care Sector to improve the rights of our clients, to ensure they have equal access to all services within the community, to enable them to live independently and the life they choose.
The role involves engaging with clients, volunteers, Health & Social Care professionals, local community-based organisations, local MP’s, and Council members to gather intelligence to identify key trends and issues affecting our clients which will inform our campaigning activities.
Community engagement and participation is key to drive and bring about change.
We are looking for a talented all-rounder who can lead and inspire on community engagement and other externally funded engagement projects.
Reporting to the Business Manager Corporate Services, the jobholder will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Community engagement to identify issues, challenge and bring about change
- Facilitation of events aimed at raising awareness of local issues and highlighting ways people can get involved
- To develop and implement an engagement approach to ensure the voice of citizens is heard and the intelligence informs campaigning activities
- Development of tools for engagement including use of social media and accessible tools for our clients
- Developing networking / engagement opportunities in the community to understand and capture the issues that are affecting our clients and their families and carers
- Plan and facilitate quarterly meetings with Community ConneX staff to understand and capture the issues that are affecting our clients and their families and carers and other citizens
- Undertake and collect research using qualitative and quantitative methods, internally and externally to inform campaigning
- Plan and deliver specific engagement projects that are commissioned externally
- All other engagement and campaign activities as may be outline in the job description or assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have excellent communications skills, working with and supporting stakeholders. Ability to engage with the public and people from diverse background, making presentations and facilitating group activities.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding issues affecting people with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of public policies around disabilities, health and social care and advocacy of wellbeing of vulnerable people.
- Ability to write reports on project implementation for the management, funders, and any identified stakeholder.
- Experience of working with community-based groups and voluntary sector.
- Experience of using social and digital media for communication and campaigns.
In return we offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- Pension up to 5%
- Death in service insurance
We are committed to safeguarding, equal opportunity, and we guarantee an interview to all applicants with disabilities meeting the minimum criteria for the post.
Interview will be scheduled as soon as suitable candidate is identified.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.