Role Purpose: Community Connex Limited is recruiting for a Head of Finance and Operations, a key leadership role within the senior leadership team of the organisation.
This is a stunning opportunity for a qualified Accountant with experience of working in a senior finance role of a charity.
We are looking for a talented all-rounder who can lead and inspire a team and be hands-on to produce financial and management accounts, manage our IT resources, ensuring the delivery of a compliant, comprehensive, flexible, and a proactive finance service which supports business needs and objectives.
This is a full-time role of 35 hours/week, reporting to the CEO and responsible for a business manager and 2 finance officers.
Reporting to the CEO, the jobholder will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Working closely with the Chief Executive to support the delivery of the charity’s activities and provide assurance to the Trustee Board about our financial activities ensuring we comply with all financial regulatory requirements.
- You will be accountable for the development and implementation of an effective financial accounting function.
- Line manage a small team motivating them to deliver high performance and quality customer experience.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, contribute to the annual business planning activities, and provide strategic financial advice to the CEO, and Trustee Board.
- Produce quarterly management accounts, including analysis of income and expenses against predicted budget for the year and forecast expenditure to year end providing explanations and solutions to help mitigate risks.
- Lead and manage external auditors to ensure the production of statutory audited consolidated accounts (SORP) for the Charity.
- Developing and implementing financial strategies and financial control processes
- Providing high level financial analysis support to new business proposals and projects.
- Manage our IT resources to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and value for money.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have recent charity SORP experience working in the charity sector.
- Be a Qualified Accountant with solid post qualification experience.
- Be prepared to be hands on within a small finance team.
- Have excellent communications skills, working with and supporting stakeholders.
- Experience of line management, and senior leadership
- Experience using QuickBooks or other financial accounting packages is essential
In return we offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- Pension up to 5%
- Death in service insurance
We are committed to safeguarding, equal opportunity, and we guarantee an interview to all applicants with disabilities meeting the minimum criteria for the post.
Please note that the position will be filled as soon as a candidate with matching application is received and interviewed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.