Kingston Charitable Foundation is a newly established charity that strives to alleviate need in the borough of Kingston upon Thames. We are seeking an experienced Events and Fundraising Manager to support our CEO in raising the profile of the charity and generating income.
The key purpose of this role is to host and attend events, and engage with local communities, businesses, and individuals to raise awareness of Kingston Charitable Foundation, including both face-to-face interaction and the use of specific social media platforms.
In addition, this role plays a significant part in supporting the CEO in organising, promoting, and delivering key fundraising events each year (including delivering 4 standalone Love Kingston events per annum).
The successful candidate will be impact and outcome orientated with a creative, inclusive, and can-do attitude. A self-starter that works well on their own and as part of a team, with excellent time management.
Kingston Charitable Foundation have no formal offices, this role is primarily home-based, with some hub-based work planned and the potential for co-working days as well as hosting and attending events in Kingston.
This is a part-time role, of 21 hours per week. Part-time salary range: £15,600-£18,000.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Meet with local community groups, businesses, individuals and key stakeholders in the Borough of Kingston upon Thames to raise awareness of Kingston CF.
- Promote the Kingston CF Small Grants Programme, encouraging grant applications from local organisations across the borough.
- Use local knowledge to increase awareness of Kingston CF and publicise events.
- Build and maintain a positive reputation for Kingston CF in the local community through relationship management and attending community events.
- Build positive relationships within the local community to raise the profile of Kingston CF.
- Provide outreach services to the community, to raise the profile of the Small Grants Programme application process.
- Work with the Chair of the Marketing Subgroup to agree annual Social Media plan and personally deliver the social media plan for each quarter, currently across Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Use Hootsuite (or equivalent) to schedule and publish the agreed social media plan across Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use Canva to create suitable marketing materials for fundraising events and campaigns, and once agreed with the CEO, then publish them across the selected social media platforms.
- Plan, promote and deliver 4 high quality fundraising events per annum for Love Kingston. Plan to include sourcing of all 3rd party contractors for these events and create and manage a full working budget for each event.
- Utilise contacts in the local community to promote and publicise fundraising events.
- Complete post-event evaluation for all events including monitoring of outcomes.
- Take photographs of and collect quotes from event attendees for reports.
- Attend Board subgroup meetings responsible for marketing and events and deliver actions as generated in the meetings.
- Support the CEO where needed in the grant application process.
- Follow up with all grantees, 3 months after their grant has been awarded.
- Keep good records in SharePoint.
- Have a proven track record of delivering exceptional fundraising events.
- Have 3-5+ years of working in the charity sector.
- Have excellent IT skills, including Office 365 / Excel / Mailchimp / Eventbrite
- Have a detailed working knowledge of key social media platforms.
- Be a strong networker, instigating and maintaining relationships with local businesses, members of the community and key stakeholders
- Have good communication skills, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Graphic design experience.
- WordPress admin experience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.