What we are looking for:
This role is essential in supporting the strategic direction of the Foundation. We believe in a stronger fairer Surrey enabling everyone to support organisations who are making a positive difference to our communities so that no one is left behind. We play a unique role to bring together those able to give with charities and community organisations in need of support. Good, effective governance and robust financial management are key to the charity achieving its ambitious plans to grow resources, deliver grant-making and ensure sustainability.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide consistent, strategic, financial and operational leadership with the Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees. This exciting role provides the opportunity for strategic vision and organisation leadership on the macro level, together with a hands-on approach to micro issues.
A pro-active, team player who can contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation. You will have meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively, sometimes working to short deadlines.
As an organisation we are committed to working in ways that celebrate our county’s diversity and to enabling people from all communities to be part of our work.
What’s really important to us:
- At least 2 years’ experience working at a senior level in charity accounting.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- A beady eye when it comes to details.
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- A professional, friendly approach to all.
- Ability to assess and interpret complex data and communicate clearly through excellent written and verbal skills with non-finance professional.
- Fully computer literate including Word, Excel and use of CRM databases (ideally Salesforce) or willing to undertake training.
- To be able to work as part of a small team including line management (this post has 2 posts reporting into it)
The icing on the cake:
- Experience of Sage 50.
- Experience of fund and investment accounting.
- Experience of working in a grant-making organisation.
- The post may occasionally necessitate evening and weekend work for which time off in lieu will be provided.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.