Who we are:
The Community Foundation for Surrey brings together local donors and those acting to provide positive solutions in our communities for local people and disadvantaged individuals.
We offer an excellent working environment in a culture that is genuinely supportive, consultative and flexible. We believe in promoting talent from within the organisation and ensure every member of the team has access to training and development opportunities. We strongly believe that the key to our success and our ability to deliver the highest standards of grant-making and donor service is the team of people that we employ
The Community Foundation for Surrey provides financial support and help to charities and voluntary organisations across Surrey. We are fortunate to be supported by 180 volunteers, a resource we are eager to grow. Under the name of Funder Plus the Foundation also provides experienced volunteers to support small charities and social enterprises with advice and guidance in a range of critical business areas such as finance and governance
The Funder Plus Manager is a newly created role to lead the development of this key project and support the use of volunteers across the Foundations functions. This role will play a key part in supporting the Community Foundation to successfully achieve its strategic ambitions to deliver grant-making differently by improving the accessibility of our programmes and funding in a way that supports the growth & development of the community and voluntary sector and learns from our relationship with the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, grow and Manage the Community Foundation for Surrey’s Funder Plus programme which delivers support to voluntary sector organisations with the aim of building their capacity.
- Be a champion for Funder Plus both externally and within the Community Foundation for Surrey; and create the conditions for overall Funder Plus growth and effectiveness.
- Manage the Community Foundation for Surrey’s volunteer Ambassador programme.
- Support the effective use of volunteers throughout the Foundation.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference by working in the voluntary sector. A pro-active, team player who can contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation. You will have meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively, sometimes working to short deadlines.
What’s really important to us:
- Fully computer literate and confident using IT.
- Experience of volunteer coordination and support including growing volunteering programmes.
- Excellent communication skills
- To be able to work as part of a small team and to be able to make your own decisions
- The ability to be self-motivated and highly organised
- A beady eye when it comes to details
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- A professional, friendly approach to all of our stakeholders
The icing on the cake:
- Knowledge and experience of working with the voluntary sector how charities and philanthropy work, the associated regulatory environment (including GDPR)
- Proficient user of complex CRM databases, preferably Salesforce, ideally within a charity setting
The post may necessitate some flexibility to meet deadlines for which time off in lieu will be provided.
PENSION: The Foundation has an automatic enrolment workplace pension scheme with NEST and will pay, on behalf of the employee, 6% of the basic annual salary (in addition to the basic annual salary).
HOLIDAYS: 25 days holiday per annum, in addition to public holidays pro rata.
An additional days leave is awarded for every 3 years’ of continuous service up to an agreed maximum of 30 days leave.
Staff may also take an additional 2 days leave to undertake voluntary work for a charitable cause, at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
LOCATION: The post-holder will be based at the Foundation’s offices in Woking, but the offices may move within the area. We are currently operating a hybrid working pattern with staff attending the office a minimum of one day per week (currently Monday) and the option to work remotely where appropriate.
TRANSPORT: Car mileage allowance for travel in connection with work
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 17th JANUARY 2022
INTERVIEWS – week commencing MONDAY 24th JANUARY 2022
Use reference 'Funder Plus Manager'
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.