Who we are:
The Community Foundation for Surrey brings together local donors and those acting to provide positive solutions in our communities for local people and disadvantaged individuals.
We offer an excellent working environment in a culture that is genuinely supportive, consultative and flexible. We believe in promoting talent from within the organisation and ensure every member of the team has access to training and development opportunities. We strongly believe that the key to our success and our ability to deliver the highest standards of grant-making and donor service is the team of people that we employ.
The Community Foundation for Surrey provides financial support and help to charities and voluntary organisations across Surrey, we award over 400 grants each year. As Grants Administrator you will play a key role in supporting applicants and ensuring the efficient flow of grant applications through the system. You will be part of a committed team of people who love their jobs and relish the challenges and rewards of supporting our community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administration – Provide efficient and effective administrative support, encompassing all aspects of the Grants function.
- Data – Manage and update grants data on the Foundation’s database, and interrogate that data to provide relevant reports and information
- Customer service - act as the first point of contact with the Foundation for the voluntary sector providing a timely response to enquiries
- Outreach - support the grants team to provide a programme of outreach and support to potential applicant community groups
- Payments – work with the grants team and bookkeeper to ensure the accurate and timely payment of grants.
- Development - support the Foundation’s work to transfer to new CRM system
- Provide administrative support to the Grants Committee, including recording accurate notes
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference by working in the voluntary sector. A pro-active, team player who can contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation. You will have meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively, sometimes working to short deadlines.
What’s really important to us:
- Office experience including excellent word processing skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams
- Proficient user of complex CRM databases, preferably Salesforce
- To be able to work as part of a small team and to be able to make your own decisions
- The ability to be self-motivated and highly organised
- A beady eye when it comes to details
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- A professional, friendly approach to all of our stakeholders
The icing on the cake:
- Knowledge and experience of working with the voluntary sector
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
The post may necessitate some flexibility to meet deadlines for which time off in lieu will be provided.
PENSION: The Foundation has an automatic enrolment workplace pension scheme with NEST and will pay, on behalf of the employee, 6% of the basic annual salary (in addition to the basic annual salary).
HOLIDAYS: 25 days holiday per annum, in addition to public holidays pro rata.
An additional days leave is awarded for every 3 years’ of continuous service up to an agreed maximum of 30 days leave.
Staff may also take an additional 2 days leave to undertake voluntary work for a charitable cause, at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
LOCATION: The post-holder will be based at the Foundation’s offices in Woking, but the offices may move within the area. We are currently operating a hybrid working pattern with staff attending the office a minimum of one day per week (currently Monday) and the option to work remotely where appropriate.
TRANSPORT: Car mileage allowance for travel in connection with work
CLOSING DATE: Monday 17th JANUARY 2022
INTERVIEWS – week commencing MONDAY 24th JANUARY 2022
Please use the reference 'Grants Admin' in the subject line.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.