Salary: Up to £27,124 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hrs/week
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? St John’s Hospice is looking for a driven Community Fundraiser to help raise the profile of the Charity within the local area and beyond.
You will be passionate about what you do – and determined to make a difference.
St John’s Hospice is the only independent hospice in Central London and treats over 3,000 terminally ill patients and their families each year for free.
We are able to offer competitive pay scales, contributory pension schemes and high-street discounts, as well as other benefits available after a qualifying period, including season ticket loans and private healthcare cover.
Your key responsibilities/requirements
- You will be responsible for supporting the Fundraising Manager in implementing and developing community strategy
- You will possess a comprehensive understanding of community fundraising
- You will be expected to organise and support local community fundraising events, so previous experience is desired
- It is vital that you have the ability to build and nurture strong relationships with new and existing community supporters
- Working on some weekends and evenings will be required.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private
Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.