Fundraising at the National Trust is growing in profile and importance. Following a recent restructure, we’ve an exciting and ambitious strategy in place to increase our fundraising income to £100 million by 2025, which we want you to be part of, and ultimately, help deliver. Our visitors, members and supporters are our lifeblood – and we want to make it easier than ever for them to engage more deeply with our cause, and in turn provide us with the vital income we need to look after special places for ever, for everyone.
About the role
You will deliver a step change in the Trust’s community fundraising activity, developing a clear vision of how we can engage more supporters to generate more funds and ensuring the approach is deliverable at a local level.
You won’t be undertaking frontline community fundraising activity, but rather increasing organisational capability in this field, drawing on your extensive experience to provide expertise and inspiration to others. You will advise and support colleagues in the Trust’s consultancy (our internal service provider), who in turn advise and support our properties. You’ll work across Volunteer and Community Involvement (VCI) and Fundraising, bringing together consultants to develop their knowledge and skills so that they are well placed to facilitate community fundraising at property level.
Sitting within the Operations and Resource team, an evolving ‘knowledge centre’ for the Trust’s fundraising activity, you will draw on your expertise to create toolkits and other central resources to support both group and independent fundraising activity.
You’ve a strong track record in the field of community fundraising and of drawing on this to design and deliver training for others. You can bring fresh thinking to current initiatives, but also inspire and implement new ones. Confident and collaborative, you are capable of building strong relationships with key stakeholders, across all areas and levels of the Trust. You have exemplary volunteer management skills and a good understanding of best practice in volunteer involvement.
Looking after you
- Subsidised Health Cash Plan with a range of options to cover you and your children
- Salary exchange pension scheme, with employer contribution match up to 10%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous holiday entitlement
Looking after your career
- Grow your career with a range of professional training courses
- Learning opportunities from eLearning to job shadowing and secondments
- Annual pay review linked to values and behaviours with a commitment to progression
- Ill-health benefits including group income protection
Unique to us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Staff card entitling you to free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount of up to 35% off National Trust holiday cottages
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the apply button.
Closing date 26 July 2015
Interview date: 1st interviews 4th August 2015 and 2nd interviews 11th August 2015
Committed to equal opportunities. Registered charity number 205846.