Could you carry out the financial and administrative tasks that keep this busy charity running?
If you are highly organised, with an eye for detail and great Excel skills, then this could be the role for you.
At Community Impact Bucks, we are passionate about helping people to get involved and make a difference in their communities.
- We support hundreds of communities and causes across Buckinghamshire by helping charities and voluntary groups to be the best they can be – perhaps by helping them find funding, run their organisation or find volunteers.
- By helping local residents to find volunteering roles, we support people who want to give back to their communities while at the same time help local charities to find the volunteers they may need to support vital services.
- And through our community services, we help to build strong, resilient communities and directly help people – the elderly, vulnerable and socially isolated – where we see an unmet need.
We are advertising a number of new roles that will take the charity into the exciting next phase of development and ensure we’re strong, focused and better placed than ever to respond to our communities’ changing needs and adapt to new opportunities and challenges, while making the best use of our resources and developing ambitious services for the future.
Our office in Monks Risborough has free parking and good bus and rail links. Our team is currently working mainly from home, but with access to the office when needed.
Skilled in use of IT software, in particular Excel, you get satisfaction from seeing everything running smoothly, have an eye for detail, and are happy to work on your own initiative as part of a remote team.
Able to manage your own time, you will have a flexible approach and be keen to test new ways of working to improve business processes.
Key tasks include:
- Bookkeeping and day-to-day management of invoices and payments
- Premises management: resolving day-to-day issues, managing contractors, planning maintenance, managing utilities contracts.
- Co-ordinating team and Board meetings including invitations, agenda and papers.
- Responsible for HR administration and record-keeping, including preparing paperwork and co-ordinating recruitment, induction and leaver processes.
- Act as an IT Superuser, becoming expert in IT systems and supporting colleagues to use them effectively.
- Experience of bookkeeping, preferably using bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent telephone manner and confident in a public facing role.
- Able to establish systems, record information and maintain records systematically.
- Confident user of IT software, including Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Confident working with numbers, data and spreadsheets.
- Able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
Community Impact Bucks is committed to challenging inequality and values the diversity of our communities in Buckinghamshire. We recognise that reflecting that diversity will only ever make our organisation better. We work to ensure an inclusive culture where colleagues feel welcomed and supported to succeed and thrive. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented communities.
How to apply
For more information please visit our website to download the Job Description and application form.
To apply, please complete an application form explaining how your skills, experience and interests meet the Job Description and Person Specification.
Email your application with the subject ‘Finance & Operations Assistant’ by 9am on 26th November.
Interviews will take place via video call – Teams or Zoom.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.