Could you provide the financial and business leadership to enable this busy charity to grow its impact and ensure financial sustainability?
At Community Impact Bucks, we are passionate about helping people to get involved and make a difference in their communities.
- We support hundreds of communities and causes across Buckinghamshire by helping charities and voluntary groups to be the best they can be – perhaps by helping them find funding, run their organisation or find volunteers.
- By helping local residents to find volunteering roles, we support people who want to give back to their communities while at the same time help local charities to find the volunteers they may need to support vital services.
- And through our community services, we help to build strong, resilient communities and directly help people – the elderly, vulnerable and socially isolated – where we see an unmet need.
We are advertising a number of new roles that will take the charity into the exciting next phase of development and ensure we’re strong, focused and better placed than ever to respond to our communities’ changing needs and adapt to new opportunities and challenges, while making the best use of our resources and developing ambitious services for the future.
Our office in Monks Risborough has free parking and good bus and rail links. Our team is currently working mainly from home, but with access to the office when needed.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with strong all-round finance capabilities that can be evidenced through experience. You will enjoy guiding the Trustees and Leadership colleagues in their strategic finance and business planning discussions, providing insightful management and monitoring information which highlights challenges and risks, as well as opportunities.
Alongside this, you must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage HR operations, governance and office management. You will be driven to identify improvements to ensure robustness and efficiency.
- Maintain and develop a sound system of financial management and control.
- Lead on day-to-day financial operations, produce statutory accounts and lead on financial planning, working closely with the Treasurer, Trustee Board and Leadership Team.
- Act as Company Secretary, ensuring compliance with UK Company and Charity law.
- Oversee operations including premises management, health and safety and customer service.
- Oversee the implementation of effective HR policies, procedures, record-keeping and staff development.
- Lead on continuous improvement of financial and operational processes to ensure the organisational maturity required to deliver strategic objectives.
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities to generate sustainable, independent sources of income, including through the provision of business services.
- Fully-qualified accountant.
- Leadership / Management experience from a senior finance role.
- Able to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels
- Experience of business partnering and providing financial analysis to support key decision-making.
- Able to manage HR operations, governance and office management.
Diversity & Inclusion
Community Impact Bucks is committed to challenging inequality and values the diversity of our communities in Buckinghamshire. We recognise that reflecting that diversity will only ever make our organisation better. We work to ensure an inclusive culture where colleagues feel welcomed and supported to succeed and thrive. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented communities.
How to apply
For more information please visit our website to download the Job Description and application form.
To apply, please complete an application form explaining how your skills, experience and interests meet the Job Description and Person Specification.
Email your application with the subject ‘Head of Finance & Operations’ by 9am on 26th November.
Interviews will take place via video call – Teams or Zoom.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.