Could you provide the financial and operational management to support this busy charity’s continued financial sustainability?
At Community Impact Bucks, we are passionate about helping people to get involved and make a difference in their communities.
- We support hundreds of communities and causes across Buckinghamshire by helping charities and voluntary groups to be the best they can be – perhaps by helping them find funding, run their organisation or find volunteers.
- By helping local residents to find volunteering roles, we support people who want to give back to their communities while at the same time help local charities to find the volunteers they may need to support vital services.
- And through our community services, we help to build strong, resilient communities and directly help people – the elderly, vulnerable and socially isolated – where we see an unmet need.
Our office in Monks Risborough has free parking and good bus and rail links. Our team is currently working mainly from home, but with access to the office when needed. This interim role could be completely home-based.
You will be an experienced senior manager with strong all-round finance capabilities and a sound knowledge of financial management procedures. You will enjoy supporting the Trustees and Leadership colleagues in their strategic finance and business planning discussions, providing relevant financial information and taking responsibility for the charity’s day to day accounting functions.
Alongside this, you must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage HR operations, governance and office management. You will be driven to ensure robustness and efficiency of our office support.
- Maintain a sound system of financial management and control.
- Lead on day-to-day financial operations, and lead on financial planning, working closely with the Treasurer, Trustee Board and Leadership Team.
- Oversee operations including premises management, health and safety and customer service.
- Oversee the implementation of effective HR policies, procedures, record-keeping and staff development.
- Leadership / Management experience, preferably from a senior finance role.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial management procedures.
- Able to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels
- Experience of business partnering and providing financial analysis to support key decision-making.
- Able to manage HR operations, governance and office management.
- Highly skilled at prioritising effectively in a high-pressure environment to deliver stable performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
Community Impact Bucks is committed to challenging inequality and values the diversity of our communities in Buckinghamshire. We recognise that reflecting that diversity will only ever make our organisation better. We work to ensure an inclusive culture where colleagues feel welcomed and supported to succeed and thrive. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented communities.
How to apply
For more information please visit our website to download the Job Description.
To apply, please send a CV with a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests meet the Job Description and Person Specification by 9 am on Wednesday 1st December.
We are also advertising for a permanent post at the same time ( please see the advert attached to the documents below) – if you would like to apply for both roles please submit two applications (one for each role).
Interviews will take place via video call – Teams or Zoom. Please note we may interview candidates as applications come in.