Full-time role, 35 hours per week - £20,000 per annum
Community Impact Bucks Office (Monks Risborough – our team is currently working mainly from home).
Would you like a varied administrative role where no two days are the same?
Would you like to support Buckinghamshire’s communities, charities and voluntary groups to be strong and resilient?
Could you provide our staff and volunteers with the support needed to successfully deliver our work?
If you are highly organised, and enjoy talking to people from a variety of backgrounds, this could be the role for you.
At Community Impact Bucks, we are passionate about helping people to get involved and make a difference in their communities.
- We support hundreds of communities and causes across Buckinghamshire by helping charities and voluntary groups to be the best they can be – perhaps by helping them find funding, run their organisation or find volunteers.
- By helping local residents to find volunteering roles, we support people who want to give back to their communities while at the same time help local charities to find the volunteers they may need to support vital services.
- And through our community services, we help to build strong, resilient communities and directly help people – the elderly, vulnerable and socially isolated – where we see an unmet need.
Our office in Monks Risborough has free parking and good bus and rail links. Our team is currently working mainly from home, but with access to the office when needed.
Enthusiastic, committed and customer focused; you will be an experienced administrator with a flexible approach, and relish variety in your work.
You will understand the needs of older and vulnerable people, with the ability to demonstrate a respectful and non-judgmental approach to volunteers, clients and colleagues.
Key tasks include:
- Provide administrative support to the Gardening and Handy Helpers projects including organising client visits, preparing paperwork and liaison with clients & Team Leaders.
- Provide first point of contact for enquiries and referrals to our projects and services, including from vulnerable adults.
- Recording and collating monitoring information – using SurveyMonkey and other tools. Providing support with our database (Salesforce).
- Creating/editing reports, presentations, online forms, leaflets, newsletters and other materials.
- Conducting welfare telephone calls to vulnerable older or disabled clients.
- Co-ordinating the recruitment, induction and supervision of volunteers.
- Supporting fundraising activity by researching funding opportunities.
- Maintaining an equipment inventory and making purchases.
- Experience of administrative support and customer service
- A multi-tasker who is able to prioritise tasks, plan ahead, be resourceful and use own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively and with people from a variety of backgrounds in writing and face to face.
- Respectful of confidentiality, with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Confident working with data and spreadsheets.
- Able to work outside normal office hours on occasion.
Diversity & Inclusion
Community Impact Bucks is committed to challenging inequality and values the diversity of our communities in Buckinghamshire. We recognise that reflecting that diversity will only ever make our organisation better. We work to ensure an inclusive culture where colleagues feel welcomed and supported to succeed and thrive. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented communities.
How to apply
For more information please visit our website to download the Job Description.
To apply, please send a CV with a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests meet the Job Description and Person Specification by 9am on Friday 12 March 2021.
Interviews will take place via video call – Teams or Zoom.