About The Role
We are currently seeking an Assistant Service Leader to join the team at The Watchfactory and Crawford Gardens. The Assistant Service Leader will support the Service Leaders in the overall management of these Extra Care services.
As Assistant Service Leader, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- To support the Service Leader in managing the service, promoting teamwork with all disciplines of staff.
- To promote and maintain a person centred service with emphasis at all times on independence, individuality, rights, choice, privacy, and fulfilment.
- To deputise for the service leader in times of absence effectively maintaining business performance and high quality standards.
- Development of services to ensure highest compliance with internal and external standards and the needs of the local community.
The successful candidate will be striving to improve the quality of Extra Care services in order to achieve outstanding, having excellent local knowledge to be able to integrate these services into the local community.
The successful candidate will have an NVQ in social care at level 3 or be willing to work towards this. This is a great developmental opportunity to gain experience and work towards becoming a Registered Manager as you will be coached and managed by experienced Extra Care Managers. You should be experienced in managing teams of staff and monitoring, evaluating and improving performance or experience of supporting your line manager with additional tasks which improve service delivery.
It is essential to possess a thorough knowledge of CQC and its remit within social care, risk management tools and their application, and an understanding of the mental capacity act and deprivation of liberty safeguarding protocols. A good knowledge of HR procedures, managing budgets and carrying out investigations is desirable. The successful candidate should have good IT skills and the ability to work independently with a positive and helpful attitude.
It is important too that you share our company values - We Include; We Deliver; We Aspire; We Respect; We Enable, which are at the heart of everything we do and ensure that we deliver high quality, consistent care and support.
Working for Us
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding and enriching environment. We also offer the following;
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on going learning and development - opportunities to take NVQs, classroom based courses and e-learning
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to a free app offering retail discounts, leisure savings and holiday and travel discounts
- Employee of the month and other recognition schemes
- Employee Assistant programme - available 24/7
- Wellbeing Fund
- Employee Voice - GameChangers
- We will also pay for your DBS
Community Integrated Care is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.