Support a growing movement of people building better quality, more affordable homes for themselves and their communities.
Community Led Housing London is a resource and advice hub, supported by the Mayor of London, and hosted by CDS Co-operatives (a small housing association). We provide support, expertise and funding to help people create community land trusts, housing co-ops, and cohousing. That means long term homes, not financial assets, and giving people power over how they want to live.
You will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the hub. Working with the team, you will also take responsibility for a range of social media, communications, and events activities to engage, inform, and help to grow the capacity of Londoners to play a leading role in creating their own housing solutions.
We would like to hear from you if you enjoy a variety of tasks and challenges, are well-organised, creative, enterprising, flexible and are able to deliver on the detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture. You will be able to turn your hand to a wide range of tasks. You will be a natural organiser and communicator.
You will be a star performer in this role if you:
• Are really organised, and good at prioritising.
• Have a methodical mind and approach to work, with acute attention to detail
• Are naturally inclined to finish what you’ve started, and get things done
• Bring energy, passion and personal values to the role
• Love and understand the power of language, with great written and visual communication skills
• Use the internet regularly to harness information and love social media in particular Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You will be employed by CDS Co-operatives, our host organisation based in Borough / London Bridge, although homeworking is a possibility.
If you are interested, please email with your CV and a letter covering the following questions, as soon as you can, and by Monday 5 October 2020:
•Why would you like to work in Community Led Housing?
•What key skills and qualities can you bring to this role?
Please ensure that you address the requirements in the downloadable person specification, with examples.
Please include details of referees, your current or most recent salary; and when you would be available to start / notice period.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.