We have an exciting new role for a fluent Punjabi speaker within the Kirklees Better Outcomes Partnership (KBOP)
As the BAME Development Worker you’ll take the lead in setting up a project specific to meet the needs of the Sikh Community at grassroot level with the potential scope for developing and supporting other BAME communities.
All you need is:
- To be fluent in Punjabi
- The ability to engage effectively with BAME communities
- A keen interest in working with and supporting vulnerable people
- The desire to make a difference in the lives of others
We appreciate that this may be a development opportunity for you and we welcome your application even if you don’t meet all of the essential criteria so if you have the ability to develop any gaps in knowledge and experience please do apply.
So, what’s in it for you?
You’ll benefit from:
- Commitment to flexible working
- Hybrid working
- Incremental progression
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days
- Many learning and career development opportunities, with paid and tailored training
- Free Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 including access to counselling and GP services
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity, and adoption benefits
- Care workers discounts
- Access to our Employee Networks including BAME, LGBT+, Mental Health and Wellbeing etc.
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
This post is open to Punjabi speakers only (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.