Live Well Leeds
25 hours per week
If you enjoy supporting and developing Volunteers, this exciting role could be for you!
We’re looking for someone to join our diverse Live Well Leeds service as a Befriending Coordinator.
The service aims to ensure that mental health and wellbeing is a top priority for Leeds and focuses on outcomes and recovery, keeping people well and building resilience.
As the Befriending Coordinator you’ll recruit, train, and supervise volunteers who will with your support become befrienders and buddies to clients within the service.
All you need is:
- Experience in recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
- A keen interest in working with and supporting vulnerable people
- The ability to work over 7 days per week and during the evening up to 7pm on a rota
- Have access to a car for work purposes and hold a full current UK driving licence
We appreciate that this may be a development opportunity for you and we welcome your application even if you don’t meet all of the essential criteria so if you have the ability to develop any gaps in knowledge and experience please do apply.
So, what’s in it for you?
You’ll benefit from:
- Commitment to flexible working
- Hybrid working
- Incremental progression
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days
- Many learning and career development opportunities, with paid and tailored training
- Free Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 including access to counselling and GP services
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity, and adoption benefits
- Care workers discounts
- Access to our Employee Networks including BAME, LGBT+, Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
We aim for our workforce to reflect the diverse and exciting region we serve. We ensure everyone feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
We encourage you to apply early as your application will be reviewed as soon as it is received and we reserve the right to close this job advert sooner subject to finding a suitable candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.