Location: Flexible working between a Community Dental Services office base and home base is required
Hours: 20 Hours per week
Salary: £50,000 per annum pro rata
Reports to: Accountable to the Chair and Members of the Board of Community Dental Services CIC (CDS)
Community Dental Services CIC is a small company with a big heart and even bigger ambition to improve oral health wherever we are. We are a social enterprise formed in 2011 and are passionate about delivering patient centred dental care and oral health promotion.
As Company Secretary, you will provide advice and guidance to the Chair and the Board on governance, constitutional, legal and procedural matters. To support the Chair to ensure the Board runs efficiently and effectively.
- Guidance to ensure that CDS Board works in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory framework, and understands the potential consequences for noncompliance
- Keep abreast and monitor changes in relevant legislation and take action as appropriate
- Advice on procedural matters relating to the operation of CDS Board
- Proactive involvement in any strategic matters that impinge on the Company regulatory or statutory duties
- Understands role in the context of the company and the requirement to support the Chair in communications with Board members, senior leaders and support teams.
- Manage the day to day governance arrangements of the Board and Committees
- Support the Chair to manage and develop the Board and Committee Terms of Reference
- Alongside the Chair and CEO, establish the Board's meeting process and governance arrangements
- Manage the Board Secretariat function
- Administrative and organisational support
Skills and Experience
You will have the ability to analyse complex data and express complicated, multistranded information in an accessible way, both verbally and in writing with meticulous attention to detail. An aptitude for IT software. You will also have the ability to assess any compliance issues and offer solutions for implementing actions. Provide trusted and reliable advice and the confidence to propose change. You will also have excellent communications skills and understand the role within the context of the company, the ethos of the organisation, its drive to achieve its social purpose and the values and behaviours of its workforce.
The post holder must be prepared to visit all CDS core sites to attend and support Board meetings as required.
In light of the evolving nature of the role, flexible working between an office base and home base is required, with full support to ensure effective communications day to day and onsite attendance as required by the Chair and Board.
If you would like to apply for this position, you can find our full JD to download at the bottom of the advert. Then simply click the apply button to attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.