We are the Council for Voluntary Services in Southwark. The postholder will be managing several Officers who run different projects supporting the local VCS, while also playing an active role in submitting new funding proposals and offering paid-for consultancy services to the local VCS.
- To manage 4-5 Officers, running different projects supporting the local Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS)
- To prepare and submit funding applications in support of existing and new projects aiding the Southwark VCS
- To spend around 40 workdays per annum on paid consultancy projects requested by our members and others
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To manage a number of Officers who run projects supporting the local VCS
- To provide support and supervision to the Community Grants Officer, Southwark Food Action Alliance Officer, the VCS Social Prescribing Officer and any other officers, as instructed by the Director
- To liaise regularly with the projects’ funders and other key stakeholders ensuring that the projects are well run and meeting all their targets
To prepare and submit funding applications in support of existing and new projects aiding the Southwark VCS
- To seek continuation funding, where appropriate, for the existing projects and additional funding for new projects, as instructed by the Director
To provide consultancy projects request by our members and others
- To promote the consultancy service to our members and others
- To lead on delivering a number of tailored 1:1 consultancy projects resulting in at least 40 billable days per annum. Typical projects include policy and governance reviews, survey analysis or engagement with client’s stakeholders
- To support Community Southwark’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
- To undertake other tasks from time to time and as appropriate, that may be required by management in line with the goals of the organisation
- To work within all of Community Southwark’s policies
- To administer and communicate protocols efficiently to ensure that organisational systems and procedures are implemented
- To contribute to developing and managing an electronic database (AirTable) and other systems, ensuring that all data is correct before inputting into Community Southwark’s systems.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is the practice of the organisation to examine job descriptions from time to time and to update them to ensure they relate to the job as then being performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This would be conducted in consultation with you through your Support & Supervision sessions.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.