- Responsible to: VCS Support Manager
- Salary: £29,059
- Contract Duration: until 31st March 2023 with possibility of extension
- Hours: 35hrs per week
Community Southwark is the infrastructure organisation for the Voluntary and Community Sector in Southwark.
We aim to bring about positive change for people living in Southwark by championing, supporting and working with the wonderful and diverse organisations and individuals that make up the voluntary and community sector (VCS) in Southwark.
The VCS Support Officer will be expected to:
- provide advice and support for voluntary and community organisations on organisational development. Engaging with the voluntary and community sector to equip organisations and individuals with the skills and knowledge to run effectively, legally and sustainably.
The role has a wide remit but is guided by the needs of voluntary and community organisations. The three current key areas cover Governance and Leadership, Income Generation and Funding, and Safeguarding.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting the VCS sector, ideally with experience of working in small charities, who thrives on making a difference to the local communities by helping organisations rather than individuals. You will have a can-do attitude as well as the ability to get things done, as well as a strong team player.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and people from the LGBTQ+ community.
If you would like to apply for this post, please apply via our website
- A full CV
- A maximum of 2-pages, covering letter outlining how your experience meets the job and person specification
IMPORTANT: We are committed to ensuring our recruitment procedure is completely free from risks of unconscious bias. We therefore kindly ask you to remove your name and any indication of your gender, ethnicity or other personal information from both your CV and cover letter, that's not related to your work experience or skill set.
Please just confirm your name and contact details in the email you send to us, so we can contact you with the outcome of your application when it's been reviewed by the hiring panel.
Diversity Monitoring: We would appreciate it you could help us ensure that our add reaches all section of the community by filling in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring form here
- Closing date: 9AM on Wednesday, 13 October 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by: Friday, 15 October 2021
- Interviews: Thursday, 21 October 2021
- Preferred Start Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.