The purpose of this role is to help end factory farming. This role will contribute by being responsible for managing the purchase ledger for Compassion in World Farming’s UK entities.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- As part of your employment you may be required to travel anywhere within the world in order to carry out the duties of your employment.
- Due to the nature of the role, there may be a requirement to carry out some work out of office hours. This work is to be arranged in accordance with procedures.
- In all work activities, comply with data protection legislation and Compassion in World Farming’s requirements for the protection of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
- Provide formal and informal training at the request of your line manager, senior manager or a director, on your areas of expertise, to other members of staff, work experience students, trustees etc.
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
- Experience of managing an accounts payable purchase ledger system and be able to use financial software and systems efficiently to support this.
- Excellent communication skills are required, with an ability to convey financial information clearly to all staff members.
- Experience of processing high volumes of transactions.
- Excellent Excel skills including vlook ups and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of accounting and VAT principles is essential, enabling production of accurate VAT returns.
Compassion in World Farming International is the leading charity campaigning for farm animal welfare. Our mission is to end factory farming – the biggest form of animal cruelty on the planet and the issue at the centre of many of the world’s biggest challenging debates including climate change and sustainable food production to feed an ever-increasing global population.
Location: Godalming, Surrey, UK
Job type: Full Time, 2 year Fixed Term Contract, 37 hours per week, Flexible working considered
Salary: £23000-£25000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days (plus 8 bank holidays) per annum FTE, Pension Scheme, Sodexo cashback scheme on a variety of everyday items plus discounts to gyms, car leasing, finance assistance, bike loan scheme etc.
Closing date for applications: 19th January 2020.
Interviews may take place throughout the application period.
The role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
In order to comply with legal requirements, as part of our selection process we ask all potential employees to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
No Agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable Assistant, AAT, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance, Finance Officer, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Bookkeeper, Invoicing, Reconciliations, etc.