Use your HR administration and customer service experience to make a difference and release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Compassion UK is a leading Christian child development charity. Our work is Christ-centred, church-based and child-focused working through the local church in 25 of the poorest countries.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase ‘Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name’.
The Human Resources Team undertake a range of activities to support Compassion UK (CUK) by providing an excellent model of best practice and professionalism in meeting the resource and operational needs at individual and organisational level.
The Office Experience Team exists to create an office experience that is safe, secure, healthy and joyful for Compassion visitors and team.
About the role
As the HR Support/Office Experience Assistant you will work collaboratively across the HR and Office Experience Teams to support the effective running of recruitment campaigns and the maintenance of HR documentation and facilitate and support an office experience that is safe, secure, healthy and joyful for Compassion visitors and team. By doing this well, you’ll equip our team to release even more children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Actively maintain and promote Compassion UK's Christian Ethos and Values;
- Assist with the day to day operations of the HR function and duties;
- Provide a pleasant office ambience that represents CUK’s Christ-centred mission and culture;
- Assist in the smooth day to day operations of CUK’s office and it facilities.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- HR Support experience. You need experience of HR administration e.g. recruitment campaigns, database management and record keeping.
- Good customer service experience. As first point to contact in the office for recruitment and reception, you’ll need to be professional and well organised with good interpersonal skills.
- Core office/administrative skills. You must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office. Minimum qualifications
- GCSEs in Maths and English or equivalent.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- Experience of computerised HR systems
The role requires a personal commitment to the Christian faith and a deep connection to Compassion’s ministry to children and alignment with CUK’s cultural attributes. Good time-management and proactive relationship building skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, you’ll need to be creative, innovative and flexible, and perform to a high standard. All these attributes are essential for the role.
Location & Benefits
This is a 1-year, full time fixed-term maternity cover contract, office-based role working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00.
Generous benefits include 10% employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, Group Life and Income Protection cover on appointment and private healthcare and dental cover on successful completion of probationary period.
How to apply
Please follow the link to our website for further details and application form.
Interviews will be w/c 10th June.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of our vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that we can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.