Partnerships Manager P/T – Greater Manchester
Salary: £20,040 pa + Excellent benefits
21 hours over flexible working pattern with some Sunday work.
Employ your sales and marketing experience, public speaking ability and your understanding of the aspirations of church leaders to make a real and lasting difference to children.
We have a vacancy for a Partnerships Manager to be based in Greater Manchester and covering this designated region.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase ‘Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name’. Our work is Christ centred, child focused, and church based.
Our Partnership Team sits within our Partnerships Department which fosters key relationships with existing and prospective partners and is committed to growing the number of children in developing countries who benefit from Compassion’s ministry.
About the role
As Compassion seeks to reach more children in extreme poverty, we’re growing our newly formed Partnership Team by recruiting a number of Partnership Managers.
As a Partnerships Manager, you’ll work within the Partnerships Department to establish, build, maintain and grow relationships with existing and potential Church Partners to manage local events in order to maximise the opportunities from these partnerships and to achieve regional acquisition objectives. You will work in collaboration with our passionate volunteers, and the philanthropy and events team to maximise impact.
- Actively maintain and promote Compassion UK's Christian Ethos and Values;
- Maximise the number of child sponsorships from within designated area from churches and local events;
- Work collaboratively across CUK to effectively meet objectives;
- Assist the effective working of the Regional Partnerships Department.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- Sales and marketing experience essential with a proven track record of sales achievement and the ability to generate opportunities and manage relationships;
- An understanding of the aspirations of church leaders and the challenges they face in their ministries;
- To be a confident and effective public speaker;
- Educated to at least A level standard and/or be able to show relevant work-based experience in a results-driven organisation;
- Core office/administrative skills. You must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office;
- A full driving licence with car (mileage expenses paid).
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- A proven track record of excellent persuasive telephone skills.
- The role requires a personal commitment to the Christian faith and a deep connection to Compassion’s ministry to children and alignment with CUK’s cultural attributes.
- Good time-management and proactive relationship building skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, you’ll need to be creative, innovative and flexible, perform to a high standard and be willing and able to undertake periodic overseas travel. All these attributes are essential for the role.
Location & Benefits
This is a permanent part-time, home-based role working 21 hours per week over a flexible working pattern with some Sunday working.
Generous benefits include 10% employer pension contribution, 5 normal working weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata), Group Life and Income Protection cover on appointment and private healthcare and dental cover on successful completion of probationary period.
As we would like to be good stewards of Compassion’s money and aid the reduction in travelling time, preference will be given to those that are based in or close to the Manchester (M) postcode area.
The closing date for completed applications is 1st July 2019.
First interview will be via video call and Second interview will be w/c 8th July - interviews to be held in the Greater Manchester area.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button and follow the instructions on our website.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of our vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that we cannot consider applicants who do not presently have the right to work in the UK.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.
No agencies please.