Full time, 1 year fixed term contract
Based: Milton Keynes
Use your compliance expertise to support World Vision UK’s operations to keep every child free from fear.
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9th place in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For' in 2016.
The role of Compliance Officer is key to World Vision UK, in which the main purpose is to inform and assist the business in all aspects of Fundraising and Data Protection compliance across its UK and International operations. The role involves working across the organisation to understand and streamline processes, ensuring compliance across all groups. The ideal candidate will be degree qualified, with significant experience and understanding of fundraising practices within the NGO sector, with a clear understanding of the data protection act and GDPR and the ability to deliver training to staff of all levels on compliance issues.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To review, write and implement processes and procedures on fundraising activities to ensure compliance with the Code of Practice from the Fundraising Regulator, Charity Commission and ICO.
- Use initiative to streamline and improve ways of working across all teams to ensure compliance.
- Carry out training of staff to ensure their working activities for World Vision UK are within statutory law and best practice.
- To engage with Charity and Compliance networks, maintaining awareness and knowledge of legislation or changes that might impact our business.
- To review and update Fundraising related Policies and work on improving reporting to Trustees on compliance issues.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please click 'To Apply' in order to complete our short online application form and upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2017 (11.00 pm)
Interview date: 11th May 2017
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer and this role requires the post holder to have an active Christian faith as an occupational requirement.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please