About the role
International touring theatre company Complicité is looking for an exceptional Development Manager who will be responsible for crafting and delivering a new fundraising strategy for the Company. The post holder will build and develop income streams, with a particular focus on Trusts and Foundations and individual donors.
A senior strategic role, the ideal candidate will have a successful track record of generating significant funds from grants and individuals; be confident in working independently; be motivated by the opportunity to shape our fundraising strategy and growth; have excellent writing skills and be able to deliver excellent donor care and stewardship.
This is a part-time position and the working pattern is negotiable.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and implement short and long-term fundraising strategies, in consultation with the Executive Director, and in accordance with Complicité’s business plan 2018-2022.
- Develop a strong and persuasive ‘case-for-support’ to seek out new opportunities, focusing on Trusts and Foundations and the Company’s Individual Giving Scheme.
- Create fundraising plans for all productions and projects, including Creative Learning and Research & Development.
- Plan and implement a programme of effective fundraising initiatives and events, including an online appeal presence.
- Develop fundraising budgets, in liaison with the Executive Director and Finance Manager.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of the fundraising strategy, including management account variance reporting in liaison with the Finance Manager.
Operational & Management
- Implement new ways of engaging with current and potential supporters/donors and ensure effective stewardship to ensure a high-quality supporter journey.
- Work closely with the Executive Director in developing and overseeing the delivery of Complicité’s business plan.
- Produce quarterly fundraising reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure compliance with the Fundraising Code of Practice, the Data Protection Act (General Data Protection Regulations GDPR) and other regulatory compliance.
- Act as ambassador for the Company, raising its profile and inspiring others to donate.
- Keep abreast of key fundraising trends and the regulatory environment around fundraising, implementing standards and procedures as necessary.
- Contribute to the Company’s journey towards greater environmental responsibility.
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and applying these through this role.
- Proven track record of devising, implementing and delivering effective fundraising development strategies, preferably within the cultural/not for profit sectors
- Creative and strategic thinker with a flexible attitude and ability to work in a changing environment
- Self-starter, able to hit the ground running and work to ambitious income targets
- Ability to develop positive collaborative relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of media and to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience in managing expenditure and income budgets
- Experience of digital platforms and how they can support fundraising
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Experience of running fundraising events
Salary - £40,000 per annum pro rata
Hours - part-time 3 days per week (24 hours) with days to be negotiated. Some evening and weekend work required.
Holiday - 25 days pro rata plus bank holidays
Contract - permanent (after a successful 3 month probation period)
Application deadline - 10am Monday 30 March 2020
Interview date - Monday 6 April 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.