40th Birthday Project Manager (6 months contract)
Hours: Part-time 22.5 – 30 hours (plus evenings and weekends as the role requires)
Salary: Band 6; £31,635 - £39,438 pro rata (according to skills and experience)
Location: Agile working – home working, as well as working from Compton Hall, Wolverhampton
This year marks 40 years of Compton providing countless moments of care and support to families across the Black Country and beyond who have been affected by incurable illnesses.
This role will support Compton Care to realise its vision and ambitions in this special 40th Birthday year.
Compton Care is seeking an ambitious and proactive individual to lead and oversee our 40th Birthday strategy.We are looking for an experienced professional who can help us to deliver a cohesive range of fundraising events, campaigns, appeals and activities taking place in 2022.
- To support the Head of Fundraising to implement the 40th Birthday strategy, action plans and budget.
- To support and input compelling & competitive tailored partnership proposals and create bespoke packages of support for presentation to potential major partners for the 40th Birthday capital project.
- To support and input (with agreement from the Head of Fundraising) into the Trusts and Grants strategy, action plans and budget in order to achieve financial targets and deliver significant sources of income for capital projects.
- Follow and implement project management principles and use appropriate sector research, benchmarking, competitor analysis, data analysis and evaluation documents for all plans.
- In agreement with the Head of Fundraising, set, achieve and take responsibility for the delivery of income and expenditure budgets.
- Report on budget variances and implement solutions where appropriate to rectify them.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to identify opportunities to promote Compton’s 40th Birthday and enhance the profile of the organisation at every opportunity.
- Support the creation of project materials for new and existing supporter/participant activity, products and campaigns.
- To support and implement (with agreement from the Head of Communications) the development of social media marketing plans for all the 40th Anniversary campaigns and events in conjunction with the PR and Marketing Dept and/or external marketing agencies where appropriate.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager, or Fundraising professional who can demonstrate managing complex or major projects. The successful candidate will have strong research skills and good knowledge of grant making organisations. You will be used to delivering budgets and taking the appropriate action to mitigate any shortfalls.
You will be impact and results driven with excellent communication skills. You should be able to write and present a persuasive case for support to a wide variety of audiences. You will be able to manage a complex and demanding workload through great planning and organisational skills. You will also be highly analytical with the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources and have excellent IT skills.
Interested applicants should be able to evidence how they meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification.
Closing Date: 11 February 2022
Interview: w/c 21 February 2022