This role will play a vital part in helping us to reach our ambitious targets by providing the team with detailed and accurate research to grow income from trusts and foundations, corporate partnerships and major donors.
You will be identifying, researching and creating reports on new prospects for the team in line with our existing long-term strategy. As the Corporate and Trusts Researcher you will be diligent, creative and have the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment. You will also be able to build relationships across the teams in Compton Care to explore and build wider networks.
2022 sees Compton Care celebrate 40 years of caring for adults living with incurable conditions and their families. Throughout that time we have been and continue to be a highly regarded and important organisation in our community. We are very ambitious and we have some exciting plans for the future. Our Corporate and Trusts Researcher will play a pivotal role is helping us to achieve this!
- In line with existing strategies, work collaboratively with the Trusts and Corporate Fundraisers to identify businesses, trusts and foundations and major donors that we can approach to support Compton Care in order to create a continuous pipeline of new prospects.
- Produce accurate and high-quality prospect research that meets briefs - including research on prospect capacity, affinity, propensity, peer links, and ethical screening reports.
- Create research profiles in a variety of written formats (long and short) drawing on a range of external sources to provide fit-for-purpose insight that adds genuine value to solicitation and stewardship plans.
- Identify potential connections between existing and new donors through our database and by working together with fundraisers at all levels to provide bespoke network maps of these connections as briefed.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to understand the various suppliers, stakeholders and networks that exist and can be utilised for prospect research.
- Support fundraisers with the preparation of compelling proposals and presentations for prospective corporate partners or grant-making organisation.
- Ensure that all contacts and communications are recorded in a compliant manner on Compton’s CRM fundraising database, establishing excellent record keeping so that contact with Trusts, corporate supporters and their staff is appropriate.
- Create and manage processes for monitoring prospect research requests and prospect prioritisation
- Produce regular reports on the prospect pipeline and other areas of activity.
We are looking for a confident and organised individual with experience of prospect researching using a range of sources and methods. The ideal candidate will be able to analyse and interpret a range of data to produce clear and accurate reports. We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and presentation skills, who will use these skills to build strong and long lasting internal and external relationships. It is essential that you are able to manage a complex and demanding workload through great planning and organisational skills. As no two days are ever the same in this rewarding role. Most importantly you will be a team player who shares the passion to make a significant difference to the future of Compton Care and the people we support.
Interested applicants should be able to evidence how they meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification.