Role: Community Fundraiser
Reporting to: Fundraising Consultant (Head of Fundraising)
Place of Work: Head office at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton but with significant and flexible working in community locations across North Somerset.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Starting Salary: up to £28,000 per annum
Application: CV and covering letter
We are seeking a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic fundraiser, who has excellent experience of working with volunteer leaders, donors and supporters and can hit the ground running to raise support from within the local community for ‘Our Charity, the charity for Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
The Community Fundraiser will work with the Head of Fundraising to maximise income generation by developing and implementing a plan to help ‘Our Charity’ gain more supporters and energise community fundraising across Somerset to deliver annual and capital fundraising targets.
- Working with colleagues from Compton and the fundraising team to manage the development and implementation of existing and new community fundraising income streams to build and grow sustainable annual income
- Recruiting and managing grassroots volunteer fundraisers
- Stimulating, encouraging and supporting fundraising activities carried out by individuals, organisations and associations on behalf of ‘Our Charity’.
- Creating an internal recruitment strategy for mass participation events
- Contributing to the overall fundraising strategy by identifying and developing fundraising initiatives to engage individuals and groups including companies, schools, churches and community organisations, including the 25th anniversary appeal
- Building key relationships within the Somerset community
- Identifying opportunities to raise awareness of ‘Our Charity’ including giving talks, attending local events and networking events
- Updating the Harlequin database to ensure it is used as an effective means of communication, information storage, networking and reporting
- Providing excellent donor care to build on relationships and maximise fundraising potential
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Highly organised with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communicator and ability to build a rapport with people at all levels and in all walks of life
- High level of written and spoken English
- Ability to manage own projects and workload
You will be required to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when required.
You will need to be prepared to travel throughout the area as required. A full driving licence and use of a car is essential for this role.
This summary outlines the main functions and responsibilities of the post. The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
This is a significant opportunity for a fundraiser or relationship manager with preferably three years’ experience to join the UK’s leading fundraising consultancy to further develop their skills and career.
- Annual leave 25 days plus bank holidays
- Standard Life pension scheme with Company contributions starting at 3%
- Employee Assistance Programme – offering 24/7 support + counselling and advice
- Company Conference (Summer and Christmas)
- In-house training and workshops