Role: Fundraising Assistant
Reporting to: Fundraising Consultant (Head of Fundraising)
Place of Work: Musgrove ParkHospital, Taunton
Hours of Work: 37.5hrs per week
Starting Salary: £18,000 per annum
The Fundraising Assistant will work with the Head of Fundraising and Community Fundraiser to help to plan and deliver annual and capital fundraising for the “Love Musgrove” Charity. They will provide administrative support, be responsible for the management of the database ensuring all supporters are thanked as well as working alongside the Community Fundraiser to increase engagement within the local community. The Fundraising Assistant will also support the team and fundraising volunteers with events and meetings.
The Fundraising Assistant will:
- Act as the first point of contact for, and respond to, all fundraising enquiries and provide efficient and effective supporter care.
- Be responsible for the timely processing, recording and acknowledgement of donations including gift aid and online donations.
- Maintain and update the Harlequin database ensuring all individual records are accurate, and produce monthly reports to monitor fundraising progress.
- Manage the collection tins within the community, ensuring they are emptied regularly and recorded on the database.
- Ensure smooth running of the office, making sure that consumables are ordered when required.
- Assist in the preparation of newsletters, supporter surveys, direct mail letters and other mailings to supporters.
- Assist in the development of fundraising materials and merchandise to support both annual and capital fundraising, and ensure stocks are maintained.
- Be responsible for the administration and presenting of the staff lottery.
- Maintain regular contact with volunteers and manage recruitment for events.
- Regularly update the Charity’s web pages and social media channels.
- Organise and attend fundraising events and meetings.
- Write and issue agenda and meeting notes.
- Maintain fundraising files.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Head of Fundraising.
There may be occasional out of hours work in the evening or at weekends. Access to a car is desirable.
This is a significant opportunity for a fundraiser to work alongside senior colleagues from the UK’s leading fundraising consultancy to further develop their skills and career.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.