Job Title: In Memory Fundraiser
Specific Focus On: Building, managing and nurturing relationships with donors to deliver the Hospice’s In Memory giving strategy
Starting Date: March/April 2021
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Usual Place of Work: North London Hospice, London
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £25,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: 23 April 2021
We are the UK’s leading fundraising consultancy - with seven decades of experience managing successful annual, capital and legacy campaigns for thousands of charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Our clients recognise Compton as ‘the trusted name in fundraising’, thanks to the transformational contributions we make - even in today’s challenging operational and economic conditions.
We are looking for a new team member at North London Hospice (NLH) to help us to build, manage and nurture relationships with In Memoriam donors and networks. We expect all Fundraisers to be able to support the Hospice’s donors in the same, exceptional way as the clinical teams support patients.
This role will be based at North London Hospice, in North Finchley (N12). We have worked with NLH since 2011. You will work alongside a team of Compton team members and hospice fundraisers. The In-Memory team is currently made up of two people, an In Memory Fundraiser and a Fundraising Assistant who work closely with the Head of Fundraising.
This position is designed to grow In Memory giving activity and income, specifically with our In Memory donors who are supporting us in recognition of a person we have cared for. This support may be through cash donations, or from In Memory campaigns and programmes such as our Tribute Tree and Tribute Funds.
Our In Memory stream raises circa. £350,000 each year and we hold a major Light Up A Life event in November and regular supporter cultivation events to encourage new giving.
This role demands first class interpersonal skills. Many of the families we deal with have been through a difficult period in their lives so the role requires experience of relationship management combined with a caring, empathetic approach and underlying administrative care and efficiency.
We are looking for a fundraiser with at least a years’ experience working in a fundraising team, who is used to working to financial targets and comfortable with working in an In Memory giving setting.
- Work closely with the Head of Fundraising on moving forward with a Donor Retention and In Memory Giving strategy, to maximise retention of donors and increase their giving.
- Deal with income enquiries from families who want to support the Hospice either through making a donation or selecting from our In Memory offering.
- Meet with recently bereaved relatives at the hospice and support them to donate and fundraise for the hospice.
- Develop and administer our Tribute Fund scheme and maintain excellent relationship with donors.
- Calmly deal with competing deadlines and be able to personally manage a busy workload.
- Initiating and maintaining excellent internal relationships, such as Fundraising colleagues, the Communications team, and the Hospice clinical teams.
- To inspire new supporters while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters. Identifying where possible, potential high net worth individuals and share these with the rest of the Fundraising team.
- To provide excellent donor care for all fundraising activity, including dealing with complaints and queries.
- To ensure that accurate and up to date records are maintained and accessible, including using Raiser’s Edge NXT.
Like most clients, North London Hospice sometimes hosts events which fall outside of office hours, as a vital member of the team we’d like the successful candidate to attend these events.
You will need to be prepared to travel throughout the area as required.
This summary outlines the main functions and responsibilities of the post. The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
If you would like to fast track your career by joining the UK’s leading fundraising consultancy, please submit your CV and up to two sides of A4, explaining why you are interested in this important role at NLH.