HR & Administration Officer
Ending extreme poverty – whatever it takes
You will join us as a HR & Administration Officer providing support to the HR Advisor to ensure the smooth running of the HR and Office Administrative functions.
HR & Administration Officer Responsibilities:
- To provide support to the HR Advisor ensuring the smooth running of the HR.
- To deliver Office Management functions.
- To administer and monitor contract database.
- Handle recruitment administration including correspondence and reference checks.
- Advertise roles using the applicant tracking system and uploads to external advertising providers.
- Arrange interviews, book meeting rooms and organise any additional assistance needed on interview days.
- Assist with induction planning.
- Send new starter packs and create files for new starters.
- Ensuring HR documentation (paper and electronic) is kept up to date.
- Maintain files in line within compliance and retention periods and ensure archiving and destruction of files when necessary.
- Updating the HR database as needed.
- Administering leaver files.
- Answering telephone and dealing with deliveries as needed.
- Opening and distributing post.
- Manage office maintentance issues and liaise with Estate Management when required.
- Raise PO’s and ensure the London office bills are paid.
HR & Administration Officer Requirements:
- Min 3 years experience in an administration or similar role.
- Efficient administration skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, working as part of a team and contributing your ideas.
- Understand and maintain the importance of confidential working with the HR department.
- Able to demonstrate good problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to handle a very varied job.
- Good time management, self motivated and ability to meet deadlines.
- Educated to min A-level or equivalent, must have 5 grade or above (or C grade) in GCSE in English and Maths.
- Previous HR Experience and office administration / management.
- Experience in using a HR database.
- Previous experience in contract administration.
- Confident in IT and systems.
- Interest in key issues surrounding International Development.
About Concern Worldwide:
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Our mission is to transform the lives of people living in extreme poverty.
We work with 25 million people each year, in some of the hardest to reach and most fragile places.
Places prone to conflict, natural disasters, climate change and extreme hunger. When an emergency strikes, we are among the first on the ground. We use our voice to bring the stories of extreme poverty to world leaders.
Location: London SW11.
Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: £28,111 per annum
You may have experience of the following: HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Executive, Human Resources Executive, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Advisor, Office Manager, Executive Assistant, PA, etc.