- Job Title: Finance Assistant
- Location: Hybrid: Home and London office based
- Reporting to: Finance Officer
- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £26,421.06
- Closing: 17 June 2022 09.00 UK time
We are seeking a Finance Assistant to provide administrative and financial processing support in the Finance Team. Reporting to the Finance Officer, the post holder will work with the Finance Officers through the accounts payable process, preparing and posting expenditure into the accounting system. They will manage electronic filing of financial documentation and provide administrative support. The role will also support Donor and Statutory Audit processes as appropriate. The Finance Assistant is expected to work with a degree of autonomy and display diligence in carrying out the above tasks.
- A good appreciation of the basic principles of double entry accounting.
- Some knowledge of using an accounting or book-keeping system.
- Working knowledge of a second language (French, Spanish or Russian would be an advantage but is not required).
- Some experience of undertaking a range of administrative and financial duties including processing financial transactions and exporting financial information into other software (desirable).
- Good computer skills with a good degree of proficiency in Excel.
- Experience of professionally responding to telephone and email enquiries would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of handling information in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Excellent numeracy skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines, effectively managing one’s time and prioritising competing demands in a methodical and systematic manner.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, follow instructions and guidance as well as independently.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a common-sense approach to problem solving.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.